Author Topic: Legislation Could Allow Moms to Be Awarded Child Support While Pregnant: ‘Fathers Have Obligations’  (Read 2030 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Legislation Could Allow Moms to Be Awarded Child Support While Pregnant: ‘Fathers Have Obligations’

Amy Furr 14 Jul 2022

Proposed legislation may allow mothers to receive child support during their pregnancy, WLBT reported this week.

U.S. Sen. Cindy Hyde-Smith’s (R-MS) office announced she cosponsored the legislation named the Unborn Child Support Act.

The act would permit a court to award child support payments while the baby was still in the womb and up to the point of conception.

“I hope good legislation, like the Unborn Child Support Act, gets more support now that the Dobbs decision encourages us to look more seriously at supporting mothers and their unborn children,” Hyde-Smith commented.

https://twitter.com/SenHydeSmith/status/1547252218914553857
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
....but but it's not a human/baby/child yet....not until *it* is born............./s
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online roamer_1

The Federal government has no business being in the baby business. At all. From any direction.

If a state wanted to put forth such a law, well then fine.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
 :pondering: Interesting, so fathers have a responsibility to support but have no say in no abort? Is Hyde-Smith aware that despite her good intentions this bill would ratchet up pressure by irresponsible deadbeat sperm donors to force abortion on women?

Offline libertybele

The Federal government has no business being in the baby business. At all. From any direction.

If a state wanted to put forth such a law, well then fine.

888high58888

Secondly, until a DNA test is done, there is no way to positively be sure of who the father is.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
....but but it's not a human/baby/child yet....not until *it* is born............./s

@mystery-ak

I not only see your humorous (to some of us,anyhow) point,and am a little jealous I didn't think of it first.

MY immediate first thought was "I see no problem with this. If you help make the baby,you help pay for prenatal care as well as postnatal care."

What else ya gonna do,tell the pre-born to "get the hell out of there and get a job so you can pay your own bills!"?

AND.....,it ain't like the mother got pregnant by herself.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
:pondering: Interesting, so fathers have a responsibility to support but have no say in no abort? Is Hyde-Smith aware that despite her good intentions this bill would ratchet up pressure by irresponsible deadbeat sperm donors to force abortion on women?

@GtHawk

Let's reserve the hypocrisy on this issue for the left.

After all,from the conservative and the religious POV,life begins at conception. It either does,or it doesn't. We can't have it both ways.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
888high58888

Secondly, until a DNA test is done, there is no way to positively be sure of who the father is.

@libertybele

Fine,let's do that,but the PRESUMED father should be paying for this up to the point where it can be proven he ISN'T the father,and then let the mother pay him back even if it is only at a 10 bucks per week level. The IMPORTANT think here is the health and the life of a baby. The details on who did what can be sorted out down the road.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

How and when is paternity to be established while the child is in-utero?

Is the paternity ruling while the child is in-utero to be considered legally binding, permanent, and not appealable?

What is the due process right of a father to contest the woman's, and the state's, assignment of paternity to an individual male?

Is a sperm donor to be declared the father, and assigned the rights and liabilities, of fatherhood for children conceived and placed in-utero via IVF?

Since the unborn child is provided personhood while in-utero, should unborn children still in-utero be counted by the US Census for the purpose of Congressional apportionment?

What about the issue of US Citizenship by virtue of being a naturally born in the US?  If a father is designated while the unborn child is in-utero, how is US Citizenship determined if the child was conceived outside the US?

When a child is conceived outside the United States, by citizens and non-citizens, which nation's courts have standing for the purpose of establishing legal and financial paternity?

If a US Court assigns paternity while the child is in-utero, is that a defacto or a dejure establishment of US Citizenship?

If the expectant mother miscarries, can the father demand a refund of the monies he paid while the child was in-utero?

If a miscarriage is caused by a 3rd party accident or crime, does the father have the right to sue third-parties for legal loss and suffering in civil court?

Can an unborn child in-utero be legally emancipated from its legal parents?

Does an unborn child in-utero qualify to receive government assistance and benefits only previously assigned to born children?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 08:16:59 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

Fine,let's do that,but the PRESUMED father should be paying for this up to the point where it can be proven he ISN'T the father,and then let the mother pay him back even if it is only at a 10 bucks per week level. The IMPORTANT think here is the health and the life of a baby. The details on who did what can be sorted out down the road.

Yes, the health of the baby is important and Medicaid pays for prenatal care, hospitalization and after care up to a certain age.

Why do you think so many pregnant ILLEGALS come over the border?  They and their babies are taken care of and voila, the baby becomes an American citizen!!!

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yes, the health of the baby is important and Medicaid pays for prenatal care, hospitalization and after care up to a certain age.

Why do you think so many pregnant ILLEGALS come over the border?  They and their babies are taken care of and voila, the baby becomes an American citizen!!!

@libertybele

More importantly,that "anchor baby" becomes the reason the illegal alien mother and father can't be deported.

BUT.......,the baby didn't write or vote for those laws,and shouldn't be held responsible for them.

I see no reason at all a illegal alien baby born in America can't be deported back to the parents home nation with the parents once they become old enough to travel.

What we need to do is eliminate the "anchor baby" law.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If the mother miscarries after the Court has ruled that a father must pay child support during pregnancy, is a Death Certificate to be issued?

If the Death Certificate is issued for an unborn child miscarried in-utero, can life insurance benefits be collected for the death of the child?

Can the Father and/or Mother deduct the unborn baby in-utero as a dependent on their taxes?

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If the mother miscarries after the Court has ruled that a father must pay child support during pregnancy, is a Death Certificate to be issued?

If the Death Certificate is issued for an unborn child miscarried in-utero, can life insurance benefits be collected for the death of the child?

Can the Father and/or Mother deduct the unborn baby in-utero as a dependent on their taxes?

@DefiantMassRINO

Not being a lawyur,ahma stayin away from this wun!

Just reading the questions made my head hurt.

Online roamer_1

888high58888

That's right.
But this whole question is resolved in one simple action.
Marriage.

Yeah, I know. Call me Old Skool.  :laugh: :whistle: :shrug:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

On Government documentation, is age measured from conception or the moment when a child is no longer in-utero?

Can I legally drink 21 years after the monent I was conceived, versus, the moment I was no longer in-utero?

Can I also vote 18 years after the monent I was conceived, versus, the moment I was no longer in-utero?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Dang, this is going to be a bonanza of billible hours for Family Law lawyers.

There are going to be new legal precedents out the wazoo.

Of course, precedents are not law and are open to re-evaluation upon a case-by-case basis.

Does the overruling/overturning/re-interpretation of Roe v. Wade mean that all other Supreme Court precedents are now non-applicable, non-germane B.S., and can be disregarded?

What allows one precedent to be upheld, but not another?  Isn't that a violation of equal protection, or is the meanining of "equal" open to new legal interpretation?

Can the precedents established using the Interstate Commerce Clause be re-challenged?

Since, air traffic control is not specifically mentioned in the US Constitution, can the FAA be abolished and air traffic control be regulated by the states, should the states' constitutions allow for such a thing?

Sounds like anarchy until the US Constitution is ameneded for items previously considered precendent.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 09:19:11 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, the tyrrany of "stare decisis" has been ended, we can re-challenge every Supreme Court precedent for re-consideration based upon literal reading of the US Constitution.

Does this mean all Federal legal tenets based upon "stare decisis" are null and void, and can be ignored?

If "stare decisis" precedents based upon the Interstate Commerce Clause of the Constitution be challenged?

Are the US Departments of Energy, Education, Environmental Protection; the CFTC, the FEC; the SEC; the FERC; etc. are now no longer valid Federal regulatory authorities because there is no mention of  Credit Default Swaps, Education, Air Quality, Internet, and Nuclear Power in the US Constitution?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 09:16:10 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Cool, we can now blow up the tyranny of the current Federal regime of regulations.

If it ain't specifically mentioned in the US Constitution, it ain't Federal.

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

More importantly,that "anchor baby" becomes the reason the illegal alien mother and father can't be deported.

BUT.......,the baby didn't write or vote for those laws,and shouldn't be held responsible for them.

I see no reason at all a illegal alien baby born in America can't be deported back to the parents home nation with the parents once they become old enough to travel.

What we need to do is eliminate the "anchor baby" law.

@sneakypete  Birthright Citizenship has been an ongoing issue -- Marco Rubio is an anchor baby, so .... it's an issue that isn't easily resolved.  In my mind -- ILLEGALS shouldn't be here in the first place, shouldn't be allowed over the border and yes, deport the mother and child as well as the father.  Then you have people calling foul and being inhumane.

It is a cluster that should have been resolved decades ago. Here we sit. 

For the millions that are coming over, they then bring in their relatives and instead of 25 million, we'll have 50 million.  Just peachy!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete  Birthright Citizenship has been an ongoing issue -- Marco Rubio is an anchor baby, so .... it's an issue that isn't easily resolved.  In my mind -- ILLEGALS shouldn't be here in the first place, shouldn't be allowed over the border and yes, deport the mother and child as well as the father.  Then you have people calling foul and being inhumane.

It is a cluster that should have been resolved decades ago. Here we sit. 

For the millions that are coming over, they then bring in their relatives and instead of 25 million, we'll have 50 million.  Just peachy!

@libertybele

I suspect Rubio's parents came here legally.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@libertybele

Yeah, I can see where a 'deadbeat mom' would have a mental daddy derby to see who could pony up the most money...

(A few years back, I recall overhearing one angelic looking young lady telling one of her co-workers that she planned to have three kids, by three dads, so she'd be more likely to get child support she could live off of.  I warned all the guys I knew who had given her a second look.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

I suspect Rubio's parents came here legally.

No, that is not my understanding. He was born on US soil therefore he is a US citizen

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No, that is not my understanding. He was born on US soil therefore he is a US citizen

@libertybele

Ok,thanks for clearing that up.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington