Author Topic: It's Happened Before: Lake Mead's wild water level ride  (Read 270 times)

rebewranger

It's Happened Before: Lake Mead's wild water level ride
« on: July 14, 2022, 04:26:29 pm »
It's Happened Before: Lake Mead's wild water level ride
Duncan Phenix - Yesterday 7:15 PM

LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — From July 13, 2021, to July 13, 2022, Lake Mead’s water level has dropped a little more than 26 feet. It’s a massive amount of lake-level movement, but not as much as what was seen at the lake between 1951 to 1964.

But first, some perspective. The reasons for the dramatic water loss and gains in these years compared to this past year are vastly different. Officially this past year’s water loss is mainly due to the 20-year drought in the west and a much thinner snow pack and snow melt in the Rockies. But 50 to 70 years ago Lake Mead’s water levels were changing in part due to new dams being built to the south and north.

After the Hoover Dam was completed in 1935 the Bureau of Reclamation opened two major dams to the south, the Imperial Dam and Parker Dam both in 1938. The Davis Dam, the closest dam to date to Lake Mead, went online in 1951.

The 1950s

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/it-s-happened-before-lake-mead-s-wild-water-level-ride/ar-AAZxZxP?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6e1705a9e8494741a0f5768bee41e91d

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: It's Happened Before: Lake Mead's wild water level ride
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 04:51:03 pm »
After the Hoover Dam was completed in 1935 the Bureau of Reclamation opened two major dams to the south, the Imperial Dam and Parker Dam both in 1938. The Davis Dam, the closest dam to date to Lake Mead, went online in 1951.

I can see Davis from my upper deck.  :tongue2:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: