Author Topic: ‘This Is Catastrophic’: Here’s How Much Poorer Americans Have Gotten Since Biden Took Office  (Read 554 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘This Is Catastrophic’: Here’s How Much Poorer Americans Have Gotten Since Biden Took Office

Jack McEvoy
Contributor
July 13, 2022 11:15 AM ET
Font Size:

Under the Biden administration, skyrocketing fuel costs and exploding inflation are hurting everyday Americans the most, according to an economist at the Heritage Foundation.

“Energy prices are trickling down into everything and American families are being crushed,” E.J. Antoni, a research fellow for regional economics in the Center for Data Analysis at The Heritage Foundation, told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Although the Biden administration touts nominal wage increases, inflation is weakening Americans’ purchasing power, even when one does not account for the rising prices of everyday items.

“The average worker has lost the equivalent of almost $3,400 in annual income since Biden took office,” Antoni explained

Real average hourly earnings decreased 3.6% from June 2021 to June 2022, according to recent Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) numbers. The change in real average hourly earnings combined with a decrease of 0.9%  in the average workweek resulted in a 4.4% decrease in real average weekly earnings over this period.

“This is catastrophic, $3,400 is some people’s food budgets for a year,” Antoni continued

The Consumer Price Index (CPI) increased 1.3% between May and June and rose 9.1% over the last 12 months according to the DOL report released Wednesday. The index for food and energy items also increased 0.7% in June and was up 5.9 percent% over the year.

“That’s a 17.1% annualized rate,” Antoni said when referencing the new CPI statistics.

“To put those numbers into context, prices are now rising in one month as much as they were rising in a whole year when Biden took office.”

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/07/13/heres-how-much-poorer-americans-have-gotten-biden-took-office/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Polly Ticks

Not to mention the carnage taking place in peoples' retirement accounts.  I just shredded the statement I got last week without even looking at it.  9999hair out0000
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
To all the TDS Biden voters - Stupid Hurts!
All retarded Biden says is confusion - "I don't understand! I told everybody exactly what I was going to do, and then I did it. Now they are all angry?"

There is no lying or deception in anything Biden has done. He said clearly, over and over, this is all his 'plan'. If Biden voters were so twisted in knots by Trump, if Biden voters did not know what they were voting for, then they deserve every bit of it.

It is just a real shame that all of us regular, normal, thinking people, who saw all of this coming, are being dragged to the bottom with the Leftist idiots.

Voting for Democrats is Stupidity!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline corbe

Quit whining you little bi1ches.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline berdie

Not to mention the carnage taking place in peoples' retirement accounts.  I just shredded the statement I got last week without even looking at it.  9999hair out0000

I wish I had done the same. 8888crybaby

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I'll repeat....

If your net worth has been static the past year, you have basically lost 20% of said net worth from Bidenflation.

That is not sustainable.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.