Author Topic: New York to require concealed carry applicants to turn over social media history  (Read 397 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 13, 2022
New York to require concealed carry applicants to turn over social media history
By Eric Utter

As modern life continues to unfold as if from the pages of a dystopian novel, it is harder and harder to be shocked — or appalled.  Or one would think it should be.  Nonetheless, it happens.

For example, New York State will soon require applicants for permits to carry handguns to hand over lists of their social media accounts.  For a review of their "character and conduct."

This Chinese-like new requirement will take effect in September and was included in a recently passed law that Empire State legislators passed in a huff after the U.S. Supreme Court had the audacity to rule that the Second Amendment to the Constitution actually means what it says — and therefore law-abiding citizens of legal age have a right to carry a handgun for personal protection.

The creepily intrusive — and unconstitutional — new law was promptly signed by tyrannical New York governor Kathy Hochul, who, like Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau and the Biden Crime Family, appear to be big fans of the Chinese Communist Party and its social credit system.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/07/new_york_to_require_concealed_carry_applicants_to_turn_over_social_media_history.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Today your social media history, tomorrow your church membership. Yeah, it's unconstitutional.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
So...what if you really don't have a social media history?  No permit?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Catfish questions:
"So...what if you really don't have a social media history?  No permit?"

I'm going to say... probably not.
Certainly no better than 50-50 in some jurisdictions.

Let's see how long that challenges take to wend their way upward through the court system. My guess (and it's ONLY "a guess") is that the law will withstand challenges in the NY state court system. The "SAFE act" is still there pretty much intact today.

In the federal courts?
Probably a crapshoot at the trial court level.
Might not survive at the appellate level.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I have a STRONG feeling that these people are going to keep pushing until they get something they definitely don't want!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien