Author Topic: Pulled back muscles or other back injuries?  (Read 293 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Pulled back muscles or other back injuries?
« on: July 12, 2022, 03:31:16 pm »
This might help. I know it has been a huge help for me. I am also going to a chiropractor,but I honestly believe this back brace has been more helpful than the chiropractor.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=IBRO+6+inch+Quick+Locking+Weight+Lifting+Belt+for+Men+and+Women%2C+Metal+Auto-Lock+Heavy+Duty+Weightlifting+Functionality+Padded+Back+Support+Bodybuilding+Gym+Cross+Training+Squats+Lunges+Deadlifts&crid=2ZL10T0CQHZ6I&sprefix=ibro+6+inch+quick+locking+weight+lifting+belt+for+men+and+women%2C+metal+auto-lock+heavy+duty+weightlifting+functionality+padded+back+support+bodybuilding+gym+cross+training+squats+lunges+deadlifts%2Caps%2C153&ref=nb_sb_noss

Weight lifter belt. Cost $14.97 including delivery if you are a Amazon member.

Same thing below,different brand. I own both. I keep one in the house and one in the car in order to make sure in case I bend over "wrong" or stumble/step in a hole.

I bought the more expensive one only because amazon was sold out of the cheaper ones at the time,and I just wasn't willing to do without a spare for the car.

In all honesty,the one below DOES seem to be made of materials a little better than the one above. I can tell no difference between the way they feel or work,though.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013FFGQ3Q?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Cost is $33.99 from Amazon,including shipping.

You can do web searches for either and possibly find them cheaper,but I did this to find another red belt like the top one,and the cheapest I could find one on the web was over 30 bucks,and you had to pay shipping.

PLEASE note the differences between the weightlifter belt and the more traditional back support belt that sells for a hell of a lot more money and doesn't work as well. Trust me on this. I have been dealing with bad back since the mid-1960's. First from a bad parachute landing at Bragg,and then from jumping out of helicopters hovering about elephant grass at unknown distances from the actual ground,and then jumping out with 100+ lbs of ammunition,equipment,and food strapped to me.

I especially want you to note the little "bumps/lumps" in the back of the belt that is sewed into place under the canvas. Unlike the useless flat thin steel "rods" used in the medical belts,these don't shift position or even turn around after tearing holes in the nylon that is supposedly holding them in place,with the result the damn things end up poking you in the back.

These are sold as weight-lifters belts and note is made that they are not for back injuries. I believe this to be the lawyers at work to possibly avoid lawsuits.

I like to wear mine under my clothes because it is possible to get them tighter that way.

I have also discovered if your waist is at the size where it falls between one size and another size,buy the smallest one. If you don't,you will have wasted your money.

Also,If you have trouble getting it tight enough,don't run it through the inner and outer buckle. Just run it though the outer one and let the velcro alone hold it in place. These things are stiff,and they hold up well.

I will be happy to answer any questions if you  ping me.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2022, 03:49:55 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!