Author Topic: Fox News Power Rankings: GOP expected to take control of House  (Read 771 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
July 11, 2022 9:32am EDT
Fox News Power Rankings: GOP expected to take control of House
Fox News Power Rankings estimate deficit for House Democrats in November midterms

By Rémy Numa | Fox News

Republicans are forecast to take control of the House this November with at least seven seats to spare, leaving Democrats in need of a dramatic turnaround to hold on to power. This edition of the Fox News Power Rankings also unveils the U.S. House model for the first time and sees gubernatorial candidate Josh Shapiro, a Democrat, carving out a slight edge in Pennsylvania.

House: Republicans take charge as the Power Rankings predict the GOP will take 225-255 seats

With redistricting completed and the bulk of the primaries behind us, the Power Rankings model now reveals a clear advantage for the GOP in the House. With 218 seats required to take control, the GOP is forecast to take 225 seats to the Democrats’ 180 seats. Those figures include only the races in which one party has an advantage. The actual size of a GOP majority will depend on how many highly competitive "toss up" races each party wins, but the Republicans are expected to gain at least a seven-seat majority (225 seats) and as much as a 37-seat majority (255 seats) in their "best case" scenario.

The range of scenarios for the Democrats leaves the party with as much as a 38-seat deficit (180 seats), or just eight shy of a majority (210 seats). That is significant. In other words, even if Democrats win all 30 races currently marked as toss-ups, the party still does not have enough support to retain control of the House.

Eagle-eyed Power Rankings readers would know that these ratings are just estimates, and that even races assigned to a party (particularly those in the "Lean" columns) are still very competitive. Nonetheless, the current forecast looks very cloudy for congressional Democrats.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fox-news-power-rankings-gop-expected-take-control-house
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Fox News Power Rankings: GOP expected to take control of House
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2022, 06:31:03 pm »
Kevin McCarthy shouldn't schedule his celebratory manicure-pedicure just yet.  There are still many news cycles between now and Election Day.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Longiron

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 05:27:31 pm »
Kevin McCarthy shouldn't schedule his celebratory manicure-pedicure just yet.  There are still many news cycles between now and Election Day.

Nothing changes with Gayboy or Mitch running things if the RINOS take the HOUSE and Senate. Hell, 95 % of the R elected politicians are RINOS. Just watch and complain they do nothing by 2024. :thud:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 05:32:16 pm »
Nothing changes with Gayboy or Mitch running things if the RINOS take the HOUSE and Senate. Hell, 95 % of the R elected politicians are RINOS. Just watch and complain they do nothing by 2024. :thud:

If you keep on doing what you've always done you're going to keep on getting what you've always gotten!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 08:56:28 pm »
Take the House, not the Senate.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2022, 09:14:41 pm »
Take the House, not the Senate.

Take both, then get rid of the RINOs.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2022, 10:11:26 pm »
Take both, then get rid of the RINOs.

This NEVER works @Bigun  All this strategy does is reward them and make them stronger.

Take the House, leave the Senate!