Author Topic: Ethics agency were patsies to approve Cuomo $5 million book deal  (Read 559 times)

Offline Kamaji

Ethics agency were patsies to approve Cuomo $5 million book deal: report

By Carl Campanile
July 8, 2022

The outgoing Joint Commission on Public Ethics acted as disgraced ex-Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s patsies by approving his controversial $5 million pandemic book deal without even a basic review of its terms, a blistering investigative report released Thursday found.

Instead JCOPE officials allowed Cuomo and his team to dictate the terms of what information it would disclose and when about the book contract when it sought approval from the ethics agency.

“One of the clear takeaways from our analysis of JCOPE’s approval of the July 10 [2020 book] request is that the Executive Chamber overpowered JCOPE, and JCOPE failed to assert itself as a watchdog agency against the Governor,” the findings of the law firm Hogan Lovells found.

“Rather than JCOPE telling the Executive Chamber what information it needed to provide in order to obtain approval, the Executive Chamber told JCOPE what information the Governor would provide, which was not much.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/08/ethics-agency-acted-like-patsies-in-approving-cuomo-5-million-book-deal/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Ethics agency were patsies to approve Cuomo $5 million book deal
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2022, 03:19:43 pm »
No surprise there.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Ethics agency were patsies to approve Cuomo $5 million book deal
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2022, 03:29:55 pm »
Government cannot be trusted to police itself.  That's what the 1st Amendment and Freedom of the Press are for - so sunlight could shine upon and disinfect ineptitude and corruption by government officials.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 03:32:59 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.