Author Topic: Derek Chauvin jailed 21 years for violating George Floyd’s civil rights  (Read 1472 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Stuff by Steve Karnowski Jul 08 2022

A federal judge in the US has sentenced Derek Chauvin to 21 years in prison for violating George Floyd’s civil rights, telling the former Minneapolis police officer that what he did was “simply wrong” and “offensive”.

US District Judge Paul Magnuson sharply criticised Chauvin for his actions on May 25, 2020, when he pinned Floyd to the footpath outside a Minneapolis corner store for more than 9 minutes as he lay dying.

“I really don’t know why you did what you did,” Magnuson said. “To put your knee on a person’s neck until they expired is simply wrong … Your conduct is wrong and it is offensive.”

More: https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/us-canada/300632542/derek-chauvin-jailed-21-years-for-violating-george-floyds-civil-rights

Offline LMAO

If you watch the trial, when they had the video from behind the car, Derek Chauvin did not have his knee on George Floyd’s neck

There was no way Chauvin was going to be acquitted. Do you want to be on a jury and find him not guilty and have your house burned down?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline goatprairie

If you watch the trial, when they had the video from behind the car, Derek Chauvin did not have his knee on George Floyd’s neck

There was no way Chauvin was going to be acquitted. Do you want to be on a jury and find him not guilty and have your house burned down?
I've watched a number of COPS episodes and various other videos on YT of cops putting their knees on the backs/necks of numerous perps.
Did Chauvin have his knee on Floyd's back/neck too long? If so, the most he's guilty of is manslaughter.
The punishment he was given is totally out of bounds given Floyd's drug state and resisting arrest.
And the black Minny cop, Muhamad Noor, got let out of prison after four years for shooting and killing a completely innocent white woman who had the misfortune to rap on Noor's car door.
There were no riots after Noor shot and killed Justine Damond for no reason.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
George Floyd wasn't murdered.

When Mr. Trump gets back into office, he ought to commute Chauvin's sentences to time served...

Offline DB

Floyd had what is considered to be 3 times the lethal dose of fentanyl.

He killed himself.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Here's what they are teaching young kids in Minneapolis/St. Paul

https://youtu.be/pb-M6iPtM5w
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

OMGGGGGGG

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
As a famous sage once noted,"whut is spossta be up iz doawn,n whut us spossed ta be doawn is up!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@LMAO

The very fact that this life-long thug,petty criminal,and drug dealer actually got a freaking statue in a town square tells you everything you need to know about the black political leadership of today.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@IsailedawayfromFR

Future soldierettes in the dim army. Also known as "cannon fodder" due to always operating purely on emotion with no thinking required or available.

Offline berdie

This defies logic on so many levels.  I thought there was some big deal about "The Talk" all black children get about avoiding arrest. I've always equated it with The Talk white kids about respecting authority. The script must have changed. :shrug:

This defies logic on so many levels.  I thought there was some big deal about "The Talk" all black children get about avoiding arrest. I've always equated it with The Talk white kids about respecting authority. The script must have changed. :shrug:
And notice the child is calling the black policeman a pig.  It is hate at the badge, not of skin color.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline berdie

And notice the child is calling the black policeman a pig.  It is hate at the badge, not of skin color.

I noticed that as well. There will come a time when we won't be able to recruit police officers. I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

I noticed that as well. There will come a time when we won't be able to recruit police officers. I'm surprised it hasn't already happened.

@berdie

Well,the sad,sad truth is this type of thing only applies to a minority of blacks,all of whom are either welfare parasites,or who are the parasites that feed off of welfare parasites.

The majority of the blacks I have met are not like this at all,and most will reluctantly admit these people embarrass them.

There is no real difference in this and the media constantly pushing "white southerners are all racists!"

It's just an extension of the leftist dogma on "How to start a revolution while getting other people to do all the dying."

Or at least that is what these goobers THINK will happen,"come the revolution." I happen to think they are going to get some unpleasant and painful surprises.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

The very fact that this life-long thug,petty criminal,and drug dealer actually got a freaking statue in a town square tells you everything you need to know about the black political leadership of today.

It's Minneapolis. Little Mogadishu
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Note that the video of the young kids cursing cops has been blacklisted
« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 08:17:55 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »

Online Kamaji

Note that the video of the young kids cursing cops have been blacklisted

Hopefully it's been saved elsewhere, so it can be brought out as needed.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Note that the video of the young kids cursing cops have been blacklisted

@IsailedawayfromFR

Uses jist racist,n Bush! Hit bees de falts ob de white debbils!

Hopefully it's been saved elsewhere, so it can be brought out as needed.
Yep, found it elsewhere.  https://nypost.com/2022/07/12/video-shows-child-hit-and-swear-at-cop-in-minnesota/

In looking at video, am betting youtube removed as faces of kids were not blacked out on video.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Yep, found it elsewhere.  https://nypost.com/2022/07/12/video-shows-child-hit-and-swear-at-cop-in-minnesota/

In looking at video, am betting youtube removed as faces of kids were not blacked out on video.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Well,it was the miracle of conception and birth that made the faces of the kids black.