Author Topic: Autism rates in children and teens skyrocket, up 52% in just three years  (Read 520 times)

Offline libertybele

My daughter's friend has 5 children; all with various degrees of autism.  I also have a great nephew who is autistic.  The number of children diagnosed continues to climb, yet there is no definite conclusion as to what causes autism.  They used to think the binding agent in vaccines may be the culprit.  I read recently that they were looking into a substance in prenatal vitamins. Genetics?? It would sure seems so in my daughter's friends children, but my great nephew is the first one in the family to be diagnosed.  Are there more cases cropping up or is it the fact that the medical community is now 'labeling' more children?

Personally, I am against labeling children; children act and develop so differently and at different rates, so I think labeling children accordingly is just wrong.

Autism rates in children and teens skyrocket, up 52% in just three years

The number of children and adolescents with a diagnosis somewhere along the autism spectrum continues to rise.

According to the latest research out of Guangdong Pharmaceutical University in China, as of 2020, one out of every 30 kids is now considered autistic, a 52% jump from 2017.

Though data from the CDC puts the number closer to one in 44, the numbers are still rising, prompting many medical professionals, teachers, and parents to try to discover the cause.

Thursday on Twitter, BlazeTV host Steve Deace posited the question, "What’s the benign, innocent explanation for this [rise in autism]?"

The answer seems to be consistent from experts across various fields: changes in diagnosis and understanding of autism.

Back in 2015, Annette Estes, director of the University of Washington's Autism Center in Seattle, said, "People who are in the field are generally in consensus that the majority of the increase is due to progress in our ability to diagnose and identify people with autism in a broader spectrum than used to be possible.".............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/autism-rates-children-skyrocket
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
'Autism' is not up. As the article says clearly, the 'diagnosis' of autism is up 52%. The goal of Pfizer is for every human on Earth to be prescribed and taking some kind of prescription meds. Pills = money for Pfizer. If Pfizer had their way, every child and every adult all over the world would be diagnosed with something, ... which only their meds can fix ... sort of? Just take the pills and we'll see what happens.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
According to the latest research out of Guangdong Pharmaceutical University in China, as of 2020, one out of every 30 kids is now considered autistic, a 52% jump from 2017.

@libertybele

Seems to me they just changed the definition of Autism in order to serve their needs.

More chill-runs being Autistic = more monies goin to da researchers.

BTW,I am Autistic. Being Autistic does NOT mean you are retarded,although it does seem to mean your brain works differently than the brains of people who aren't Autistic.

Sometimes this is a good thing,but sometimes it is a VERY bad thing. Depends on the degree,and probably,which direction the wind was blowing the day you were conceived.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
First of all, this is Communist China making that statement. I wouldn't trust anything they put out if my life depended on it.

Second of all... it's moving the goalposts. And most recently, there has been a drive to diagnose girls and women because the autistic community is predominantly male—and that means opportunity to be accused of privilege. They had to change the diagnostic criteria to get that bump in diagnoses, but hey, the original was sexist, according to these folks.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

First of all, this is Communist China making that statement. I wouldn't trust anything they put out if my life depended on it.

Second of all... it's moving the goalposts. And most recently, there has been a drive to diagnose girls and women because the autistic community is predominantly male—and that means opportunity to be accused of privilege. They had to change the diagnostic criteria to get that bump in diagnoses, but hey, the original was sexist, according to these folks.

@jmyrlefuller

Good info; thanks.

Offline roamer_1

In part I will agree with others here - Autism is likely the same sort of fad diagnosis as ADHD - A lovely little catch-all ripe with possibilities... And likewise, no doubt, Autism does drive prescriptions just like ADHD drove Ritalin sales while my kids were teens.

I see that.

But I also see far more kids today that are a wee bit off - A french fry short of a happy meal... and I also see way more retarded kids than in my youth... And across the spectrum between those two poles.

Inevitably there is a reason for that. Whether it is vaccines, or drug use by mothers during pregnancy, food deficiencies, or any number of other conditions remains to be seen.