Author Topic: Did reefer drive the Highland Park parade ‘killer’ Robert Crimo to madness? By Miranda Devine  (Read 1702 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Did reefer drive the Highland Park parade ‘killer’ Robert Crimo to madness?
By Miranda Devine   
July 6, 2022 10:46pm

You don’t need to be a psychiatrist to know that the Highland Park shooter is sick in the head.

His evil act is unfathomable, but he does fit a familiar pattern of mass killers: alienated young male stoners who appear to be in the grip of a distinctively American madness.

Those who knew the 21-year-old suspect, Robert Crimo III, say he habitually smoked cannabis, a habit he appeared to share with young mass shooters, including at Uvalde, Dayton, Parkland and Aurora.

Obviously weed didn’t make them commit their evil acts, but it may have scrambled their brains enough for empathy to take a holiday.

As the country rushes headlong into the embrace of Big Weed, we need to heed the warning signs, not least in the scientific literature that increasingly shows that cannabis triggers psychosis, and in the emergency rooms where mentally ill kids are the living proof of its harms.

The higher the potency of THC, the worse it is, especially for the developing adolescent brain.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/07/06/did-reefer-drive-highland-park-parade-shooter-robert-crimo-to-madness/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Oh no, numerous "experts" on weed have assured us that pot has absolutely NOTHING!!! to do with screwing up brains. Despite all the evidence emerging from studies proving otherwise...especially for young brains.
I guess those people are not aware of the high correlation between violent criminals and weed. Or watch episodes of COPS or LivePD where the cops frequently stop cars of people with warrants for violent crimes and are greeted with the strong smell of pot when approaching the vehicles.
Other drugs to check are the psychotropic drugs like Ritalin passed out like candy to many young males today because they don't pay attention in class.
Yeah, because it's perfectly normal for young boys to be expected to pay attention for eight hours a day to yammering teachers.
I guarantee you if Ritalin had been around when I was going to grade and high school (and not paying attention to the teachers, mostly nuns), they would have had me on some drug. One nun made me write a letter to my parents because I was daydreaming  in class too often. Like all the time.
Could drugs mess up somebody's brain functions and turn mere losers into potential mass killers? Looks that way.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I wanna say rite up front that  while *I* personally have never smoked any of that wacky tabacky stuff,I MAY have watched others do it,and you just CAN'T be a weed stoner and do anything violent.

For one thing,you can't find your car keys. For another,if you DID find your car keys,by then you will have forgotten why you were looking for them,and decide to fire up another bowl to contemplate the problem.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Oh no, numerous "experts" on weed have assured us that pot has absolutely NOTHING!!! to do with screwing up brains. Despite all the evidence emerging from studies proving otherwise...especially for young brains.
I guess those people are not aware of the high correlation between violent criminals and weed.

@goatprairie

You have absolutely lost your freaking mind. You obviously don't have the first freaking clue about weed.

Think about this one for a minute. You accept the negative reports about weed without question,but when the press is "pressatatin'" about guns,suddenly they are mass liars.

Or watch episodes of COPS or LivePD where the cops frequently stop cars of people with warrants for violent crimes and are greeted with the strong smell of pot when approaching the vehicles.

Oh,yeah! Ifn you can't trust your teebee to tell you the truth,who CAN you trust,right?

And here we have a tv show that relies on ratings to succeed, and these "reality" are all about truth,right?

Other drugs to check are the psychotropic drugs like Ritalin passed out like candy to many young males today because they don't pay attention in class.
Yeah, because it's perfectly normal for young boys to be expected to pay attention for eight hours a day to yammering teachers.

BTW,pot ain't Ritalin or any other pharmaceutical drug. It's nicknamed weed because it grows like weeds.

Offline Kamaji

If weed was involved, it was almost certainly weed that was tainted with something else, like PCP.  I find it very hard to believe that weed, by itself, is going to make someone go psychotic.  Weed with PCP in it, though, would definitely do that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
If weed was involved, it was almost certainly weed that was tainted with something else, like PCP.  I find it very hard to believe that weed, by itself, is going to make someone go psychotic.  Weed with PCP in it, though, would definitely do that.

@Kamaji

You are probably right. I haven't even SEEN any weed since the 1980's,but back when,when you bought weed,that was ALL you were buying.

Offline Kamaji

@Kamaji

You are probably right. I haven't even SEEN any weed since the 1980's,but back when,when you bought weed,that was ALL you were buying.

Getting spiked weed has always been a problem, or so I hear.  An older cousin of mine got what he thought was just plain weed in the mid 1960s and it ended up being spiked with PCP.  He had a pretty bad trip out of that.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Getting spiked weed has always been a problem, or so I hear.  An older cousin of mine got what he thought was just plain weed in the mid 1960s and it ended up being spiked with PCP.  He had a pretty bad trip out of that.

@Kamaji

Maybe a regional or "local" problem in some areas. I never even heard of such a thing happening until maybe the late 80's.

Back then,if you got something extra,you paid extra for it.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
C'mon Man! The guy was a bad seed, he's had mental/anger issues for years from the reports that came out after his uncle telling us what a nice quiet loner, that kept to himself bullshit. Just when is this weed supposed to have done it's devil work and driven him to madness? How much of his actions, drawings and writings are they now going to try and blame on weed to cover up the utter failure AGAIN of schools, families, police and courts to properly deal with a psychotic murderous cretin? Maybe if mommy and daddy weren't such self absorbed non parents they could have gotten their kid help and headed off this atrocity.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 12:02:29 am by GtHawk »

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

My cousin gave me a joint in college.... It scared the living stew out of me and I was violent for a while. The "just relaxed and did nothing" argument didn't apply with me... It was NOT laced with anything being I knew it was from the same stash as my cousin had and I had watched him smoke it. Thankfully it scared me to the point I never tried another drug (even to this day I don't like even taking what the doctor subscribes).
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Y'all are forgetting something. Not all drugs affect everyone the same. There may well be that vast majority of people who smoke pot and macrame their butt hairs into a couch cushion. Others 'get into' what they are doing, and sometimes even do it well. Some get spacey as hell in a sort of chemically induced ADHD. And some get agitated and violent.

This isn't a question of what effects the majority get from a drug, it becomes a question of the worst effects on a small minority. The majority aren't the ones perpetrating mass shootings, or that would be over with in a fortnight. It may be a question of drug interactions,, and may even boil down to individual body chemistry and even genetics at some point.

It isn't a question, either, of what they act like when they are high, so much as the long term effects on baseline attitudes and behaviour.

And yes, I have seen the same variety of effects from long term heavy alcohol use. Not everyone has the same results.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2022, 10:34:31 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline goatprairie

C'mon Man! The guy was a bad seed, he's had mental/anger issues for years from the reports that came out after his uncle telling us what a nice quiet loner, that kept to himself bullshit. Just when is this weed supposed to have done it's devil work and driven him to madness? How much of his actions, drawings and writings are they now going to try and blame on weed to cover up the utter failure AGAIN of schools, families, police and courts to properly deal with a psychotic murderous cretin? Maybe if mommy and daddy weren't such self absorbed non parents they could have gotten their kid help and headed off this atrocity.
"Maybe if mommy and daddy weren't such self absorbed non parents they could have gotten their kid help and headed off this atrocity"

Maybe....who knows?....maybe he was going to go off no matter what.
But what you don't do is dismiss all the possible explanations because you don't like the possibility that  a certain reason, like potent pot or Ritalin,  might be the reason.
We do know Crimo was a stoner. We don't know if had been given Ritalin or some other psychotropic drugs that might have negatively exacerbated his mental state.
But there's plenty of studies out there now that correlate high potency pot with screwing up young brains.
There's other people (Tucker Carlson for instance) who have suggested SSRIs are involved with many of the recent mass shootings.

Offline goatprairie

My cousin gave me a joint in college.... It scared the living stew out of me and I was violent for a while. The "just relaxed and did nothing" argument didn't apply with me... It was NOT laced with anything being I knew it was from the same stash as my cousin had and I had watched him smoke it. Thankfully it scared me to the point I never tried another drug (even to this day I don't like even taking what the doctor subscribes).
The reaction to pot is probably something like the reaction of people to tobacco. Both affect people differently.
Some people become somnolent after smoking/ingesting pot. That is what all the pro weed people are always telling us. Pot users are peaceful.
But there is a high correlation between violent criminals and weed. Just watch some episodes of COPS or Live PD where many times the pungent odor of pot is quickly noticed by police stopping some miscreant's car.
The question always asked: is that a chicken or the egg thing? Would naturally violent people smoke pot or does pot make not normally violent people violent? Recent studies have suggested pot can make some people more violent than they would be normally.
Ditto for tobacco. There are people who smoked five packs of unfiltered Camels a day their whole lives and never got lung cancer. Would you like to try doing that with what we now know about smoking and lung cancer?

Offline goatprairie

Y'all are forgetting something. Not all drugs affect everyone the same. There may well be that vast majority of people who smoke pot and macrame their butt hairs into a couch cushion. Others 'get into' what they are doing, and sometimes even do it well. Some get spacey as hell in a sort of chemically induced ADHD. And some get agitated and violent.

This isn't a question of what effects the majority get from a drug, it becomes a question of the worst effects on a small minority. The majority aren't the ones perpetrating mass shootings, or that would be over with in a fortnight. It may be a question of drug interactions,, and may even boil down to individual body chemistry and even genetics at some point.

It isn't a question, either, of what they act like when they are high, so much as the long term effects on baseline attitudes and behaviour.

And yes, I have seen the same variety of effects from long term heavy alcohol use. Not everyone has the same results.
:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@goatprairie

But there is a high correlation between violent criminals and weed.

@goatprairie

Complete and utter horsehillary.

You might as well be saying "there is a close relation between violent criminals and people who wear shoes."

Offline goatprairie

@goatprairie

Complete and utter horsehillary.

You might as well be saying "there is a close relation between violent criminals and people who wear shoes."
You noticed that too? Thanks for your ..uh...valuable comments on the matter. I'll take them under deep consideration.    :whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You noticed that too? Thanks for your ..uh...valuable comments on the matter. I'll take them under deep consideration.    :whistle:

@goatprairie

Here are a couple more tips for you. Violent criminals are known to drive cars. They also buy food to eat,and some have been known to watch television shows.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
@goatprairie

Here are a couple more tips for you. Violent criminals are known to drive cars. They also buy food to eat,and some have been known to watch television shows.
I have little doubt they have all consumed water, at some point, too.

Some of those things aren't perception or mood altering, but I have to point out that many of the shooters either were on some sort of psych meds or quitting them on their own, either of which can have serious undesirable effects, and it just might be that the weed took that in a different direction a little farther.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I have little doubt they have all consumed water, at some point, too.

Some of those things aren't perception or mood altering, but I have to point out that many of the shooters either were on some sort of psych meds or quitting them on their own, either of which can have serious undesirable effects, and it just might be that the weed took that in a different direction a little farther.

@Smokin Joe

To me,the fact that his mother left him alone for so long inside a car with the windows rolled up in the summertime tells me all I need to know about why he is who and what he is today.

How the HELL did that woman avoid not only having her child taken away from her,but not being sent to prison for felony child abuse is a mystery to me.

I am NOT making excuses for what he has done,but with THAT mother and father,this goober never had a chance at anything in shouting distance of a normal life. They both belonged in prison,and he belonged in some sort of "special needs program".

Now all three belong in prison.