Author Topic: Mitt Romney warns the U.S. is going through a 'national malady of denial' that could be 'cataclysmic  (Read 6331 times)

Online Kamaji

Incorrect from the get-go. There is no perfect candidate, and no one is demanding perfection. So a ridiculous excuse for continuing to elect the very opposite of perfect - To continue to elect those opposed to what one purports to stand upon.

What is demanded is adherence to, and the advancement of, the basic Conservative principles Republicans falsely claim to stand for.

Which is why I am a Republican no more.

Incoherent.  First you say no perfection is possible, and then you demand perfection.  That is where the falsehood lies.

WADR, what you want is someone who is so in line with your personal political preferences, that all you have to do is vote for them, and nothing else.

That is not how the world works.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Incoherent.  First you say no perfection is possible, and then you demand perfection.  That is where the falsehood lies.

WADR, what you want is someone who is so in line with your personal political preferences, that all you have to do is vote for them, and nothing else.

A blended clone of Reagan-Buckley-Goldwater wouldn't meet Roamer's litmus test of a good enough conservative to run.    :silly:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

I agree with you especially after McCain practically endorsed Obama in 2008

Ditto
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

How absurd is that? Where do you get this notion that merely standing upon the foundations that party professes to claim is somehow perfection? It is not perfection. It is merely the starting line. The things that are self-evident.

They are also the things that are to hold us together in coalition. Those things. Not the big rhinestone rah-rah 'R'. Not fear of Democrats. Those things that are always true. Principle things. That is what y'all hang your banners on every election. And I am uninterested in anything else.

Bullsh*t. There is PLENTY of room for compromising beyond the principle things. it is sad that the doctrine you claim to stand upon is considered to be so malleable. So malleable as to mean nothing at all.

Online Kamaji

How absurd is that? Where do you get this notion that merely standing upon the foundations that party professes to claim is somehow perfection? It is not perfection. It is merely the starting line. The things that are self-evident.

They are also the things that are to hold us together in coalition. Those things. Not the big rhinestone rah-rah 'R'. Not fear of Democrats. Those things that are always true. Principle things. That is what y'all hang your banners on every election. And I am uninterested in anything else.

Bullsh*t. There is PLENTY of room for compromising beyond the principle things. it is sad that the doctrine you claim to stand upon is considered to be so malleable. So malleable as to mean nothing at all.

Whatever, chief.  The truth, as always, lies somewhere in the vast, sparsely-populated middle.

Offline roamer_1

A blended clone of Reagan-Buckley-Goldwater wouldn't meet Roamer's litmus test of a good enough conservative to run.    :silly:

Take Buckley out of there and you have exactly what we are supposed to be fighting for. What I certainly am fighting for. And what has been watered down since then is the unity that Reagan provided for Goldwater.

I didn't vote for McCain't
I didn't vote for Romulus.
And I didn't vote for Tumpy.

And I have told you why.
I will stand on that.

You want my vote, then raise up a Conservative. I will be there every_single_time. That is the coalition I vowed to and joined, not mere Republicans. And I will keep my word on that.

Offline roamer_1

Whatever, chief.  The truth, as always, lies somewhere in the vast, sparsely-populated middle.

That is in error. Truth inevitably is found in orthodoxy. Not in the mushy middle.

Offline LMAO

If some strange reason Romney became the 2024 nominee, and watching his performance the last several years, who here would still cast a ballot for him?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

If some strange reason Romney became the 2024 nominee, and watching his performance the last several years, who here would still cast a ballot for him?

No one should have cast a ballot for him at all.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

3rd Party here.  Also 3rd party if the nominee is Cheney or Niki Haley.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Mitt Romney talking about "denial"? LOL!
That's like Joe Biden talking about term limits.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

3rd Party here.  Also 3rd party if the nominee is Cheney or Niki Haley.

How the hell is that ANY different than where I stand?

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
How the hell is that ANY different than where I stand?

Response was what would I would do if Romney was the candidate.

Unlike you, I'll support the likes of Trump or DeSantis.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
How many foreign corporations/governments does Mittens get paychecks from?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Kamaji

That is in error. Truth inevitably is found in orthodoxy. Not in the mushy middle.

Nope.  It's always in the middle, between the reductivist poles of ideology and orthodoxy.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
IF he chooses to run, I will support Trump over ALL comers because he earned it! Wouldn't vote for Mitt for dog catcher!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 06:48:47 pm by Bigun »

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

Response was what would I would do if Romney was the candidate.

Unlike you, I'll support the likes of Trump or DeSantis.

The only difference we have ever had between us is Tumpy.
I am on the record here favoring DeSantis.

Will I vote for Tumpy. No. Proven disaster fiscally. And you damn well know it. On that alone, HELL NO.
Will I vote for DeSantis? Very probably - Which is as close as I can come at this early date, as I will not seriously vet him until the silly season (if he even runs).

Offline roamer_1

Nope.  It's always in the middle, between the reductivist poles of ideology and orthodoxy.

Hegel much?

I find the principles of conservatism to be true. ALWAYS true. Why would you claim any less? Especially when, as history attests over and over again, going against those principles seals one's fate and causes one's doom?

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have been quoted many times that I thought Mittens threw the '12 election on purpose.

Prove me wrong.

So did McStain in '08.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Killer Clouds

The only difference we have ever had between us is Tumpy.
I am on the record here favoring DeSantis.

Will I vote for Tumpy. No. Proven disaster fiscally. And you damn well know it. On that alone, HELL NO.
Will I vote for DeSantis? Very probably - Which is as close as I can come at this early date, as I will not seriously vet him until the silly season (if he even runs).

Your lies about Trump are the only disaster that you've made up.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Its as easy to understand as take the man for his word; Any Biden does is better . effect thatdoes/did.  Words to than anything Trump.  Sukkas bought it and here we are.  Is what we now have aND THE PROMISED BETTER, BETTER THAN Trump governing.  shortages and our money given to foreigners, our civilians abandoned in aFGHANISTAN, ultra-rich globalist coddled along with foreigners well financed, while Americans live out in the streets.  If you want America to crash and live in a third world shiite hole, then by all means walk with the clowns that helped bring this utopia upon us. It was all or nothing last Presidential election, and we lost, they won.  The lies exposed now for all to see.  Want more of the same?  Keep believing the lock-stepping liars.  They really are upset like Biden that so many no longer believe the lies  or the third world globalist society of tyrant rule they push us ever closer to.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline roamer_1

Your lies about Trump are the only disaster that you've made up.

I have not lied at all. And no one has corrected what I have said. Including you.

Offline libertybele

No I definitely would not.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

IF he chooses to run, I will support Trump over ALL comers because he earned it! Wouldn't vote for Mitt for dog catcher!

Though I have taken issue with Trump's policies a few times, he has earned my support as well.