Author Topic: Mitt Romney warns the U.S. is going through a 'national malady of denial' that could be 'cataclysmic  (Read 6252 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitt Romney warns the U.S. is going through a 'national malady of denial' that could be 'cataclysmic', calls Biden a 'good man' and says Trump's return in 2024 would 'feed the sickness' in July 4 op-ed

Sen. Mitt Romney penned a July 4 op-ed for The Atlantic warning Americans that they're failing to confront serious challenges and that they need to wake up
    'President Joe Biden is a genuinely good man, but he has yet been unable to break through our national malady of denial, deceit, and distrust,' Romney said
    He added, 'A return of Donald Trump would feed the sickness, probably rendering it incurable'
    The piece, 'America Is In Denial,' points out that large swaths of the population are ignoring pressing issues like climate change, inflation and the border crisis

By Nikki Schwab, Senior U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 13:01 EDT, 4 July 2022 | Updated: 15:16 EDT, 4 July 2022

Sen. Mitt Romney penned a Fourth of July op-ed for The Atlantic warning Americans that they're failing to confront serious challenges and that they need to wake up.

'President Joe Biden is a genuinely good man, but he has yet been unable to break through our national malady of denial, deceit, and distrust,' Romney writes. 'A return of Donald Trump would feed the sickness, probably rendering it incurable.'

The opinion piece is entitled, 'America Is in Denial,' with Romney pointing to issues like climate change, the border crisis and rising inflation that are getting ignored by large swaths of the population, only the the country's detriment.   

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10980823/Romney-says-Trumps-return-feed-sickness-July-4th-op-ed.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

President Joe Biden is a genuinely good man

Seriously?

Online mountaineer

Mittens, do tell, who in this country is ignoring the border and inflation besides the Biden administration and Congress? The rest of us are all too aware.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online DefiantMassRINO

... this from a man who put the family dog on the car roof for a family summer vacation drive from Massachusetts to Michigan.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online LMAO

Mittens, do tell, who in this country is ignoring the border and inflation besides the Biden administration and Congress? The rest of us are all too aware.

Exactly

What does he think the public should do about it? Glad I did not vote for him in 2012
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Killer Clouds

Mitt Romney warns the U.S. is going through a 'national malady of denial' that could be 'cataclysmic', calls Biden a 'good man' and says Trump's return in 2024 would 'feed the sickness' in July 4 op-ed

Sen. Mitt Romney penned a July 4 op-ed for The Atlantic warning Americans that they're failing to confront serious challenges and that they need to wake up
    'President Joe Biden is a genuinely good man, but he has yet been unable to break through our national malady of denial, deceit, and distrust,' Romney said
    He added, 'A return of Donald Trump would feed the sickness, probably rendering it incurable'
    The piece, 'America Is In Denial,' points out that large swaths of the population are ignoring pressing issues like climate change, inflation and the border crisis

By Nikki Schwab, Senior U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.com

Published: 13:01 EDT, 4 July 2022 | Updated: 15:16 EDT, 4 July 2022

Sen. Mitt Romney penned a Fourth of July op-ed for The Atlantic warning Americans that they're failing to confront serious challenges and that they need to wake up.

'President Joe Biden is a genuinely good man, but he has yet been unable to break through our national malady of denial, deceit, and distrust,' Romney writes. 'A return of Donald Trump would feed the sickness, probably rendering it incurable.'

The opinion piece is entitled, 'America Is in Denial,' with Romney pointing to issues like climate change, the border crisis and rising inflation that are getting ignored by large swaths of the population, only the the country's detriment.   

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10980823/Romney-says-Trumps-return-feed-sickness-July-4th-op-ed.html
You wouldn't expect a Democrat Communist Party disciple to throw their leader under the bus would you? Does anyone still believe Romney is a Republican? When is this traitorous POS up for reelection?

Offline roamer_1

Glad I did not vote for him in 2012

ME TOO! I don't see how anybody did vote for him.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This guy is trying to tap dance on both sides of the line in order to look reasonable, high minded, and bi-partisan.

Half of what he says isn't true, the other makes little sense.
The Republic is lost.

Online Kamaji

ME TOO! I don't see how anybody did vote for him.

As opposed to voting for Obama?

Online LMAO

From the article….

Romney writes. 'A return of Donald Trump would feed the sickness, probably rendering it incurable.'

But, strangely, you had no trouble asking for his endorsement and for him to campaign for you in 2012

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Kamaji

He has just become an epic disaster.

Offline roamer_1

A false binary theory... When in fact the other side does not matter half as much as your own. You get MORE of what you vote FOR. One look at the yard full of RINOs in the Republican party is proof enough. That liberal Romulus was capable of becoming the candidate says it all.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Mitt Romney warns the U.S. is going through a 'national malady of denial'

WOKE denial and deniers has been impressive and persistent, however Mitt speaks fluent woke, he makes a lot of sense when you remind yourself the WOKE SPEAK IN OPPOSITES FAR MORE THAN NORMAL SPEAK.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2022, 01:00:24 am by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I have been quoted many times that I thought Mittens threw the '12 election on purpose.

Prove me wrong.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

He has just become an epic disaster.

Nah. He has always been an epic disaster. Go look at his daddy, George. That particular apple did not fall far from the horse. He was governor of one of the most liberal states of the union and was the original author of Obamacare, for Pete's sake.

And according to some, I was supposed to vote *FOR* that?

:3:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Sadly, I have wasted every vote between Reagan and Trump....   Both Bushes, McCain, Romney.......  All garbage RINOS
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

I have been quoted many times that I thought Mittens threw the '12 election on purpose.

Prove me wrong.
I suspect Barry Hussein caused a tingle up Mitten's leg.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Prove me wrong.

I agree with you.

Online Kamaji

A false binary theory... When in fact the other side does not matter half as much as your own. You get MORE of what you vote FOR. One look at the yard full of RINOs in the Republican party is proof enough. That liberal Romulus was capable of becoming the candidate says it all.

Actually, the falsehood is believing that all one has to do is to wait passively for the “perfect” candidate to come along, and then that all one has to do is cast a ballot and everything else will flow naturally and inevitably. 

That is not how the left have become so successful electorally despite having such a bad track record, and it isnt how the right is going to become victorious. 

Online LMAO

Prove me wrong.

I agree with you especially after McCain practically endorsed Obama in 2008

Barry Goldwater

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
I suspect Barry Hussein caused a tingle up Mitten's leg.

There is no plausible way a POTUS who disastrously slogged through the big '09-'12 recession should have ever had a chance to win. QE I,II, and III was an unmitigated disaster of epic can kicking down the road.

No POTUS with that bad of an economic record had ever been re-elected.  Yep, Mittens took a dive.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Nah. He has always been an epic disaster. Go look at his daddy, George. That particular apple did not fall far from the horse. He was governor of one of the most liberal states of the union and was the original author of Obamacare, for Pete's sake.

And according to some, I was supposed to vote *FOR* that?

:3:

No one expects you to vote for that.  If anything's been learned, it's that you are the smartest, bravest and most righteous inhabitant of Brieferville. We others are blessed to know you.  :thud:

( wink777 )

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
what we need is a messiah, Joe or..........?  Shameless would be the best, right?
:smokin: :reaper:  :media: 10144 :da man: 10144 :media: :reaper: :smokin:
A flawless one, right?  Who is never wrong....................Getting flawless biden, who could march better than him?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 05:14:27 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No one expects you to vote for that.  If anything's been learned, it's that you are the smartest, bravest and most righteous inhabitant of Brieferville.

He's from a place where all women are strong, all men are good looking and all children are above average...
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline roamer_1

Actually, the falsehood is believing that all one has to do is to wait passively for the “perfect” candidate to come along, and then that all one has to do is cast a ballot and everything else will flow naturally and inevitably. 

That is not how the left have become so successful electorally despite having such a bad track record, and it isnt how the right is going to become victorious.

Incorrect from the get-go. There is no perfect candidate, and no one is demanding perfection. So a ridiculous excuse for continuing to elect the very opposite of perfect - To continue to elect those opposed to what one purports to stand upon.

What is demanded is adherence to, and the advancement of, the basic Conservative principles Republicans falsely claim to stand for.

Which is why I am a Republican no more.