Author Topic: Nate Silver Puts Odds of a Senate Flip at 50-50  (Read 447 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nate Silver Puts Odds of a Senate Flip at 50-50
« on: July 03, 2022, 08:18:23 pm »
Nate Silver Puts Odds of a Senate Flip at 50-50
By Susie Moore | Jul 03, 2022 4:00 PM ET

Nate Silver of Five Thirty-Eight joined Martha Raddatz on ABC’s “This Week” on Sunday to discuss his current analysis of how the 2022 midterms are shaping up.

Silver noted the key question was whether Republicans are favored to take back Congress, pointing out there are a lot of factors working against Democrats, not the least of which is Joe Biden’s dismal approval ratings, currently below 40 percent per the Five Thirty-Eight average. Meanwhile, inflation remains north of eight percent.

Further, Silver points to historical precedent: “The President’s party has lost seats in the House in 19 of the past 21 midterms.” They’re estimating roughly three dozen “highly competitive” House races and predict that Democrats are likely in deep trouble, despite the base being energized from the recent SCOTUS overturn of Roe v. Wade, placing the odds of Democrats retaining the House at only 10-15 percent.

The prediction as to the Senate is more circumspect. The map is more favorable to Democrats, as they’re only defending 14 seats, while the Republicans are defending 21. Further, all the seats Democrats are defending are in states that Joe Biden won.

Meanwhile, notes Silver, the Republicans have taken some risks with some of their Senate seats, nominating political neophytes like Dr. Mehmet Oz in Pennsylvania, or candidates with some baggage, like Herschel Walker in Georgia. The conclusion?

“Even though Republicans only need to gain a net of one seat in the Senate, our model thinks the chance of that is only about 50 percent. In other words, it’s a toss-up.”

more
https://redstate.com/smoosieq/2022/07/03/nate-silver-puts-odds-of-a-senate-flip-at-50-50-n588187
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Nate Silver Puts Odds of a Senate Flip at 50-50
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2022, 08:41:55 pm »
Sadly, Silver may not be off on this matter.....

Present relatively numbers (safe + incumbent) have GOP up 47-46 with 7 tossups.....

Those 7?

GA- Sadly some polls Walker down 10
WI- Dims have broken early season records for funds to flip this seat. Early dim leading polls have it as a dead heat
PA- 1st poll (I know means nothing) has OZ down 9.  Hell, he'll be a RINO anyway if he is elected.
NC- Should be a GOP hold, but lead looks no better than 5 now.
NH- At this moment has dim candidate up generally up 5.
NV- Early polls has the dim incumbant up slightly. 
AZ- Most dim favoring polls have Kelly generally up 5-10.

So you can see, things aren't as rosy as things should be at this point.  In fact IMO...   getting to 51 is gonna to be really tough.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2022, 09:02:26 pm »
Sadly, Silver may not be off on this matter.....

Present relatively numbers (safe + incumbent) have GOP up 47-46 with 7 tossups.....

Those 7?

GA- Sadly some polls Walker down 10
WI- Dims have broken early season records for funds to flip this seat. Early dim leading polls have it as a dead heat
PA- 1st poll (I know means nothing) has OZ down 9.  Hell, he'll be a RINO anyway if he is elected.
NC- Should be a GOP hold, but lead looks no better than 5 now.
NH- At this moment has dim candidate up generally up 5.
NV- Early polls has the dim incumbant up slightly. 
AZ- Most dim favoring polls have Kelly generally up 5-10.

So you can see, things aren't as rosy as things should be at this point.  In fact IMO...   getting to 51 is gonna to be really tough.

Yep....Oz and Walker were bad picks...Not sure Trump can get them over the finish line. I am hoping the economy can.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2022, 11:00:37 pm »
The GOP will take the House. If they don’t take the Senate, at least we will get gridlock for a few years
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy