Author Topic: Gavin Newsom goes on the air against Ron DeSantis as political rivalry grows  (Read 787 times)

Online libertybele

Gavin Newsom goes on the air against Ron DeSantis as political rivalry grows

Gavin Newsom and Ron DeSantis aren't just avatars for the different futures of their parties, but also for the separate realities blue and red Americans are living in -- two people of opposing viewpoints looking at the exact same set of facts and coming to vastly different conclusions.
They're both governors, rising stars and speculated soon-to-be presidential candidates, building out micro-ideological models in their sunny capitals.
In ever-blue California, Newsom, the son of a state appellate judge, has rebooted from his start as a flashy progressive hero around quieter legislative pushes. Meanwhile, in reddening Florida, there's DeSantis, the son of a Nielsen box salesman, who in public cleaves less to his two Ivy League degrees than to the anti-elitist, reactionary politics that have consumed the GOP.

Newsom now is going on the air against DeSantis in Florida -- with what he says is not the first ad of the 2024, or even the 2028, presidential race -- with the goal of trying to get Democrats to reclaim a sense of collective identity that could enable them to beat Trumpism in the long term.

With $105,000 on Fox News, Newsom's new ad, first provided to CNN and set to air on July 4, is a mashup of a classic campaign spot, business investment pitch and one of those California tourism commercials full of celebrities saying how much better it is there, wrapped in the existential terror that's wracking progressives these days...................

https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/03/politics/gavin-newsom-ron-desantis-ad-2024/index.html

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Killer Clouds

Newsom should worry about the shithole he is governor of. The only thing Newsom can run is his lying spewing mouth. People are leaving Kalifornia as fast as they can because of the DCP policies Newsom has put in place but he wants to tell someone else how to do it. If people think Traitor Joe is bad wait until they get a load of Newsom.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Newsom should worry about the shithole he is governor of. The only thing Newsom can run is his lying spewing mouth. People are leaving Kalifornia as fast as they can because of the DCP policies Newsom has put in place but he wants to tell someone else how to do it. If people think Traitor Joe is bad wait until they get a load of Newsom.
Well, typical of Democrats, they want to solve problems in other people's areas that they cannot do anything about, don't even exist, of that are being solved by policies that show the Democrats they are fundamentally wrong about most everything.

In the meantime, the policies they have jurisdiction over go unaddressed, but they look like they are 'doing something' and 'care'.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

How pathetic that Gov. Greaseball can so thoroughly screw up his state and still think he's presidential material.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Killer Clouds

How pathetic that Gov. Greaseball can so thoroughly screw up his state and still think he's presidential material.
That begs the question of who is more delusional? Traitor Joe or Newsom.

Offline LMAO

What do you mean?  That is presidential material according to the Democrat Party
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
What do you mean?  That is presidential material according to the Democrat Party

True.

Jelly Belly Prickster of IL want to run.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

True.

Jelly Belly Prickster of IL want to run.

LOL

So two governors who have seen people flee their states want to run for president.

Might as well throw Hochul in the mix
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Is he really stupid enough to believe that he’s gonna cause an exodus of people from Florida back to California?

Barry Goldwater

Offline DefiantMassRINO

By picking a fight with DeSantis, he's trying to raise his profile for the 2024 Dem Primaries.

Trump, Abbott, and DeSantis are the three biggest GOP boogie men.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Kamaji

LOL

So two governors who have seen people flee their states want to run for president.

Might as well throw Hochul in the mix

I'm sure she'll be along soon enough.