Author Topic: FREEZING IOWA SPRING MEANS NO FOURTH OF JULY CORN; + GERMANY BUILDS ‘HUGE THERMOS’ TO HELP STAVE OFF  (Read 566 times)

rebewranger

FREEZING IOWA SPRING MEANS NO FOURTH OF JULY CORN; + GERMANY BUILDS ‘HUGE THERMOS’ TO HELP STAVE OFF THE COLD THIS WINTER AS EUROPEAN ENERGY CRISIS INTENSIFIES
JULY 1, 2022 CAP ALLON
FREEZING IOWA SPRING MEANS NO FOURTH OF JULY CORN
Thanks to a historically cold spring, Iowa farmers say their initial harvest will be pushed back by at least couple of weeks.

“We would like to have corn for the Fourth,” said Luke Funk, owner of Hilltop Farms Produce in Dallas Center. “The problem was it was cold [this spring]. Now, it just depends on sunshine and how cool it gets at night.”

The shortage is firing prices higher, as are the increasing costs of inputs. According to an Iowa State University report, the cost of fertilizer, for example, is four times higher than in 2020.

https://electroverse.net/freezing-iowa-spring-means-no-fourth-of-july-corn-germany-builds-huge-thermos-to-help-stave-off-the-cold/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hits all Trumps falts!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The essential question is one of how much of that corn was being grown to make ethanol, which the EPA requires to be blended in or used as motor fuels, and what impact a shortage of ethanol will have on fuel prices.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The essential question is one of how much of that corn was being grown to make ethanol, which the EPA requires to be blended in or used as motor fuels, and what impact a shortage of ethanol will have on fuel prices.

Pedo joe will dictate every kernel goes for his GND folly.

Who needs Corn-Flakes huh?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Pedo joe will dictate every kernel goes for his GND folly.

Who needs Corn-Flakes huh?
Or finished cattle...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis