Author Topic: Cheney says it’s possible Jan. 6 panel will make criminal referral against Trump  (Read 740 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Cheney says it’s possible Jan. 6 panel will make criminal referral against Trump
by Natalie Prieb - 07/03/22 10:22 AM ET

Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) said in an interview broadcast on Sunday that it’s possible that the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021 attack at the U.S. Capitol will make a criminal referral against former President Trump.

During the interview on ABC’s “This Week,” the network’s chief Washington correspondent, Jonathan Karl, asked Cheney — who serves as the vice chair on the committee — whether the panel’s hearings have demonstrated that Trump should be prosecuted.

“Ultimately, the Justice Department will decide that,” Cheney responded. “I think we may well as a committee have a view on that. And if you just think about it from the perspective of, what kind of man knows that a mob is armed and sends the mob to attack the Capitol and further incites that mob when his own vice president is under threat, when the Congress is under threat?”

“It’s just very chilling. And I think certainly we will continue to present to the American people what we’ve found,” she added.

When pressed by Karl, Cheney said that it is possible the committee will officially make a criminal referral. She also noted that the Department of Justice (DOJ) doesn’t need to wait for the panel to make a decision in order for them to make its own criminal referral.

Last month, the committee’s chair, Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), sparked criticism after saying that the panel would not make a criminal referral, claiming that it’s “not our job.” Thompson clarified soon after making his comments that the decision to make a referral remained a possibility.

Cheney’s comments follow ex-White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson’s testimony last week to the panel about the former president’s behavior during the attack on the Capitol. Cheney told Karl in a previously released portion of the interview that she wholeheartedly believes in Hutchinson’s credibility.

“I am absolutely confident in her credibility. I’m confident in her testimony,” Cheney said. “I think that what Cassidy Hutchinson did was an unbelievable example of bravery and of courage and patriotism in the face of real pressure.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/3544997-cheney-says-its-possible-jan-6-panel-will-make-criminal-referral-against-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Cheney on a Criminal Referral for Trump: ‘There Could Be More than One’

Representative Liz Cheney (R-WY) said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that the House Select Committee investigating the January 6 riot could be giving the Justice Department “more than one” criminal referral.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/07/03/cheney-on-a-criminal-referral-for-trump-there-could-be-more-than-one/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I've lost count of how many times I have read this same headline over the last 6 years.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Soon to be the title of a political tail of a has been who committed political suicide....

"The Bitch Who Cried Wolf"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

Soon to be the title of a political tail of a has been who committed political suicide....

"The Bitch Who Cried Wolf"

I certainly hope so; she is so deserving!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'd say it is almost a certainty. After all,throwing stuff at Trump in the hope that something "sticks" is pretty much all they have left.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Liz Cheney says Justice Department ‘doesn’t have to wait’ for the January 6 committee to refer Trump for criminal charges and warns the Republican Party 'can't survive' if ex-president is the GOP 2024 nominee

The Wyoming Republican warned on ABC News that failing to hold Donald Trump accountable would present a 'Constitutional threat' to the US
    Cheney is vice chair of the House January 6 committee investigating Capitol riot
    She defended 25-year-old former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson, who delivered explosive testimony on Trump's actions on January 6 last week
    Trump and his allies have sought to discredit Hutchinson's account
    Cheney said Sunday that the committee would not let Hutchinson's 'character be assassinated by anonymous sources' in a swipe at the ex-president
    Without naming names she said 'there could be more than one criminal referral'

By Elizabeth Elkind, Politics Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 11:26 EDT, 3 July 2022 | Updated: 11:31 EDT, 3 July 2022

Rep. Liz Cheney publicly nudged the Justice Department on Sunday to move against Donald Trump, warning that not holding the former president accountable for January 6 is a 'graver Constitutional threat' to American democracy than letting him off the hook.

Cheney - one of two Republicans on the Democrat-led Capitol riot committee - also shared a warning for her own party, which has largely ostracized her for her role on the panel.

'I think that that he can't be the party nominee' in the 2024 presidential race, the Wyoming lawmaker told ABC News of Trump. 'I don't think the party would survive that.'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10977859/Liz-Cheney-warns-Republican-Party-survive-Trump-2024-nominee-January-6.html
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Cheney Admits Aim To Keep Trump Out of White House
Newsmax, Jul 3, 2022

Rep. Liz Cheney, R-Wyo., on Sunday declared that former President Donald Trump "can absolutely never be near the Oval Office ever again."

In an interview on ABC News' "This Week," Cheney, who is vice chairwoman of the Jan, 6 select committee, insisted the panel's neutral.

"I don't want you to convey the impression that somehow the hearings are political," she said. "Because the goal of the hearings is to make sure that Americans understand what happened, to help inform … legislative changes that we might need to make. But I think it's also the case that there's not a single thing that I have learned as we have been involved in this investigation that has made me less concerned.

"And I think there's no question, I mean, a man as dangerous as Donald Trump can absolutely never be anywhere near the Oval Office ever again."

"I think that he can't be the [Republican] Party nominee and I don't think the party would survive that," she added. "I believe in the party and I believe in what the party can be and what the party can stand for and I'm not ready to give that up. Those of us who believe in Republican principles have a responsibility to lead the party back where it can be and to reject so much of the toxin and the vitriol."

She also said she'd make a decision about whether she would take a White House run in 2024 "down the road."

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/liz-cheney-donald-trump-white-house/2022/07/03/id/1077130/

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Duhhhhh!

That is the only reason they even exist.

She also said she'd make a decision about whether she would take a White House run in 2024 "down the road."

That right there is some truly funny shit.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 03:17:25 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

This entire committee should be indicted for subornation of perjury.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

This entire committee should be indicted for subornation of perjury.

I've been saying this since Hutchinson's testimony.....throw in Hutchinson's new attorney for subornation and indict Hutchinson for perjury.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 05:09:38 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline mountaineer

Here’s What The Jan. 6 Show Trials Are Really After
By: Margot Cleveland
July 01, 2022
The Jan. 6 Committee’s Stalinist show trial serves many purposes, but truth is not one of them. On Wednesday, the House committee holding hearings on the violence that broke out at the capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, issued a subpoena to former White House counsel Pat Cipollone. Cipollone, who had voluntarily participated in a closed-door interview in April, “decline[d] to cooperate” further with the committee, according to the letter subpoenaing him to testify before the committee on July 6.

It is unclear whether Cipollone will comply with the subpoena, but from the committee’s perspective, it doesn’t matter. The Democrat-stacked committee seeks to score political points, not secure the truth, and subpoenaing Trump’s former White House counsel serves that objective: If Cipollone refuses to testify, his assertion of executive privilege provides the committee a fresh opportunity to condemn Donald Trump while the committee provides the public its own version of the events the former White House counsel supposedly observed.  ...
The true objectives of this kangaroo court, she says, are: Propagandize Americans About Election Integrity, Silencing Complaints About Election Irregularities, and Safeguard the Swamp.
Read entire article at The Federalist
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
There isn't much point in your sham Impeachment 3.0 if you don't, Lizzie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

Sooo..if there is a criminal trial, at that point will there be cross examination and oppo witnesses?

Or am I having delusions of what this country is all about?

Online DefiantMassRINO

Yeah, and monkeys might fly out my butt.

If you are going to do it, do it already.  Otherwise, Liz, you are just adding to the legend of Teflon Don.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 07:51:50 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.