Author Topic: When Joey Met Jimmy  (Read 477 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
When Joey Met Jimmy
« on: July 02, 2022, 03:59:22 pm »
When Joey Met Jimmy
The Biden-Carter comparison is not even close.
By Lloyd Billingsley
July 1, 2022

With inflation and discontent on the rise, Delaware Democrat Joe Biden is drawing comparisons to Georgia Democrat and one-term president, Jimmy Carter, who served from 1976 until 1980. For Jon Miltimore, executive editor of the Foundation for Economic Education, the comparison makes sense on some levels.

Both presidencies followed catastrophic wars, Vietnam and Afghanistan, “that ended badly and required massive amounts of deficit spending (and money printing).” In similar style, Carter and Biden “inherited troubled economies.”

Inflation was already “north of 5 percent” when Carter took over, and unemployment was at 7.5 percent. For his part, Biden “took office during a pandemic that saw widespread government lockdowns, business closures, and unprecedented stimulus spending.” 

Carter’s legislative agenda required the Federal Reserve to expand the money supply. By December 1979, inflation was running at 13.3 percent. Biden’s “money pumping” sent the deficit to $2.8 trillion, the second-largest in history, followed by “a $1.5 trillion omnibus spending bill.”

Although there are no 1970s-style gas lines just yet, the average price of gasoline is nearly $5 a gallon, inflation is at a 40-year high, and, Miltimore reports, “stocks are red, with the Dow, S&P, and Nasdaq down 9.8 percent, 14 percent, and 23 percent year-to-date, respectively.” On the other hand, Miltimore finds, “a closer look at the Carter presidency shows Biden has not yet earned the comparison.”

more
https://amgreatness.com/2022/07/01/when-joey-met-jimmy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: When Joey Met Jimmy
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2022, 04:06:02 pm »
No comparison, Jimmy has shrunken to insignificance compared to Joe, 'The Big Guy'
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2022, 05:20:26 pm »
No comparison, Jimmy has shrunken to insignificance compared to Joe, 'The Big Guy'

That is the strangest photo ever. Mrs. C looks like a doll.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2022, 05:31:04 pm »
I'm glad Jimmah the Peanut is alive to see this shitshow and have peace in knowing He's not as bad as the current assclown killing the country.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2022, 05:37:12 pm »
There were a lot of things that Jimmy Carter did try to do to fix the mess that the country was in. He never deliberately  inflicted pain on the American people

Comparing Joey to Jimmy is unfair to Jimmy Carter. The Biden administration is much worse

This is a good article that was posted
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2022, 05:46:37 pm »
Jimmy Carter's 'malaise' speech was popular! - The Washington Post

WE MUST SUFFER SO WE CAN GROW AS A NATION.
WE MUST SUFFER TO BECOME MORE LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD.
WE AS AMERICANS MUST GET USED TO SUFFERING AND DOING WITHOUT.
THIS IS HOW WE BUILD THE NEW LIBERAL WORLD ORDER.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2022, 05:49:04 pm »
... Biden has claimed that during the Six-Day War, he served as a liaison between the Israelis and Egyptians. That was in 1967, when Biden was 25 and still in law school plagiarizing papers. If anybody thought Biden is delusional, it would be hard to blame them.

Comparisons of Joe Biden to Jimmy Carter are unfair to Carter, pretty much across the board.  ...
:rolling:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2022, 12:46:49 am »
That is the strangest photo ever. Mrs. C looks like a doll.
And Jimmy has size 15 shoes on
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington