Author Topic: Texas Sheriff Pleads with Biden for Help After 50 Dead Migrants Found in Trailer: ‘It Makes Me Brist  (Read 237 times)

rebewranger

Texas Sheriff Pleads with Biden for Help After 50 Dead Migrants Found in Trailer: ‘It Makes Me Bristle With Anger’
By Zachary LeemanJul 1st, 2022, 1:02 pm

Sheriff Javier Salazar is continuing his pleas for help from President Joe Biden following 50 migrants being found dead in the back of a tractor-trailer last month, telling MSNBC he’s “angry” at the state of the border and has heard nothing from the White House.

The Bexar County, Texas sheriff has written three letters asking for the Biden administration to directly do more about the situation and for someone to visit Texas and meet with sheriffs. In his last letter to Biden, Salazar said he is “disappointed” in the lack of effort from the administration, but also criticized Gov. Greg Abbott (R) for turning the immigration crisis into a “campaign stunt.”

I’m asking for the president or a member of his administration that can make decisions to come down and talk to not just me, but at least 12 other Texas sheriffs from major counties in the state of Texas that are dealing with this issue firsthand. I would like to see somebody from Washington come down here, get boots on the ground, get eyes on the issue at hand.

MSNBC host Jose Diaz-Balart gave Salazar an opportunity to address the president directly at one point, and the sheriff said the perception by law enforcement in Texas is that there is a “complete absence” from Washington D.C. on issues at the border.

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/texas-sheriff-pleads-with-biden-for-help-after-50-dead-migrants-found-in-trailer-it-makes-me-bristle-with-anger/
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 05:31:08 pm by rangerrebew »

rebewranger

He doesn't get it.  Biden, the democrat party, and rinos don't give a d*mn about whether immigrants live or die.  If they did, they would, at least, try to remedy the situation.  If 50 people being baked to death doesn't move them, nothing will. :reaper: