Author Topic: Abortion ban temporarily blocked in Kentucky  (Read 631 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Abortion ban temporarily blocked in Kentucky
« on: June 30, 2022, 04:38:06 pm »
 Abortion ban temporarily blocked in Kentucky
by Caroline Vakil - 06/30/22 11:03 AM ET

Kentucky’s abortion ban on Thursday was temporarily blocked by a state court, allowing the medical procedure to resume in the wake of the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade.

A Kentucky “trigger” law, which effectively bans the procedure in the state unless it is needed to save the patient’s life was blocked after Jefferson Circuit Judge Mitch Perry after he granted a restraining order to both.

“We’re glad the court recognized the devastation happening in Kentucky and decided to block the commonwealth’s cruel abortion bans. Since the Supreme Court overturned Roe last Friday, numerous Kentuckians have been forced to carry pregnancies against their will or flee their home state in search of essential care,” the leaders of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Planned Parenthood Great Northwest, Hawai’i, Indiana, Kentucky, ACLU, and ACLU of Kentucky said in a statement.

Kentucky Attorney General Daniel Cameron (R) criticized the decision, saying the state would be challenging the decision.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/3542628-abortion-ban-temporarily-blocked-in-kentucky/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Abortion ban temporarily blocked in Kentucky
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 04:40:57 pm »
One podunk county Judge defying the SCOTUS?

He is either brave or bluffing.  Hopefully state AG is working on an arrest.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 04:50:40 pm »
One podunk county Judge defying the SCOTUS?

He is either brave or bluffing.  Hopefully state AG is working on an arrest.

He's not defying SCOTUS; he's defying Kentucky state law, if he's defying anything.

Dobbs didn't ban abortions, it put the issue back to each individual state and, presumably, to localities within each state depending on each state's laws.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 05:04:12 pm »
He's not defying SCOTUS; he's defying Kentucky state law, if he's defying anything.

Dobbs didn't ban abortions, it put the issue back to each individual state and, presumably, to localities within each state depending on each state's laws.

Yep, I stand corrected.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 05:13:34 pm »
And so it begins....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 05:39:19 pm »
And so it begins....

....and Joe is planning to do away with the filibuster in order to protect abortion access.

No surprise.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2022, 05:40:16 pm »