Author Topic: Biden Calls for Filibuster ‘Exception’ to Codify Roe after ‘Outrageous’ Supreme Court Decision  (Read 314 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Calls for Filibuster ‘Exception’
to Codify Roe after ‘Outrageous’ Supreme
Court Decision

By Diana Glebova

June 30, 2022 9:40 AM

Speaking from the NATO summit in Madrid on Thursday, President Joe Biden condemned the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade and called for an exception to the Senate filibuster to codify the federal right to abortion.

“We have to codify Roe v. Wade in the law, and the way to do that, is to make sure that Congress votes to do that,” Biden said in response to a question from a Wall Street Journal reporter. He called the Supreme Court’s ruling “outrageous” and insisted that an exception to the filibuster is warranted to ensure the passage of legislation protecting unrestricted abortion access.

Biden then claimed the court’s decision presents a problem for privacy in the U.S. more broadly, and called for voters to cast their ballots in November for pro-abortion candidates.

“I think it’s a serious, serious problem that the court has thrust upon the United States, not just in terms of the right to choose, but in terms of the right of who you can marry, and a whole range of issues related to privacy,” the president said, adding that he will do “everything” he can to codify the federal right to abortion through Congress.

“Vote. Show up and vote. Vote in the off-year and vote, vote vote. That’s how we’ll change” the court’s decision, Biden said.

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/biden-calls-for-filibuster-exception-to-codify-roe-after-outrageous-supreme-court-decision/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

This is a pretty stupid, f*cking statement to make from Spain, where abortion after 14 weeks is illegal except for serious risks to the mother's health and serious fetal defects.  Source:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_in_Spain

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
It doesn't seem that long ago that constitutional law mattered, even if it didn't align with your ideological POV.

Now SCOTUS justices have to fear for their lives in controversial matters.  I knew we might devolve into banana republic status, but I didn't think it would happen this fast.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Idiot

It doesn't seem that long ago that constitutional law mattered, even if it didn't align with your ideological POV.

Now SCOTUS justices have to fear for their lives in controversial matters.  I knew we might devolve into banana republic status, but I didn't think it would happen this fast.
Yup....it's a slippery slope we find ourselves on....

Offline DefiantMassRINO

There is no right to a Filibuster since it is not mentioned in the US Constitution and did not exist when the Constitution was orginally authored.

What strict Constitutionalism giveth, it also taketh away.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The Rats haven't figured out yet that any attempt to "codify" abortion at the National level would likely be overturned by the SCOTUS who just decided that abortion is a subject that must be decided by the States, not the Federales.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: