Author Topic: Biden to support ending filibuster to protect abortion access  (Read 315 times)

Offline libertybele

This was expected and I anticipate he will pack the courts.  There will be nothing that the GOP can do; outnumbered and out maneuvered.  Joe is such a good Catholic in wanting to ensure abortion is accessible!

Biden to support ending filibuster to protect abortion access

President Biden said that he supports Congress ending the filibuster to pass legislation protecting a national right to abortion on Thursday.

Biden made the announcement during a press conference at a NATO summit in Spain. Biden originally supported keeping the Senate filibuster when he entered office.

Reporters pressed Biden on what executive action he may take to secure abortion access nationally following the Supreme Court's decision to overturn Roe v. Wade last week. Biden responded that the only solution is to codify Roe in Congress.

"The foremost thing we should do is make it clear how outrageous this decision was," Biden said. "I believe we have to codify Roe v. Wade in the law, and the way to do that is to make sure that Congress votes to do that."...............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-support-ending-filibuster-protect-abortion-access
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Biden to support ending filibuster to protect abortion access
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2022, 02:23:34 pm »
If the Dems have cojones, they will eliminate the Filibuster, stack the Supreme Court, impose term limits for Justices, and intiate Impeachment proceedings against those Justices who lied about upholding the precedent of Roe vs. Wade during their Senate confirmation hearings.

The Christian Conservative dog has caught the car.  Now it's time for the Dem Liberal counter response.  Are the establishment Dems as cowardly as establishment Repubs?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2022, 02:32:33 pm »
Rats always try to change the rules of the game when they lose. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2022, 05:18:14 pm »
Hopefully in some way this will eventually backfire on Joe and the DEMS.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online bilo

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 06:05:58 pm »
If the Dems have cojones, they will eliminate the Filibuster, stack the Supreme Court, impose term limits for Justices, and intiate Impeachment proceedings against those Justices who lied about upholding the precedent of Roe vs. Wade during their Senate confirmation hearings.

The Christian Conservative dog has caught the car.  Now it's time for the Dem Liberal counter response.  Are the establishment Dems as cowardly as establishment Repubs?

Here is a better solution. Why not just let States leave the union. Enough is enough, we don't want to live with one another. I would prefer to live in a State that does not allow, or severely restricts, abortion. Leftists want to live where babies can be killed even after they are born. Lets go our separate ways.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home