Author Topic: Fed Chairman Powell Realizes ‘How Little We Understand About Inflation’  (Read 608 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fed Chairman Powell Realizes ‘How Little We Understand About Inflation’

Wendell Husebø 29 Jun 2022

Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell admitted on Wednesday how little he understands soaring inflation.

“I think we now understand better how little we understand about inflation,” Powell stated at the European Central Bank forum on central banking in Sintra, Portugal. “This was unpredicted,” the expert admitted.

Powell is in charge of reducing President Biden’s 40-year-high inflation by a difficult process of increasing interest rates. By law, the Federal Reserve is charged with a dual mandate of pursuing maximum employment and stable prices.

“We believe we can do that. That is our aim,” he said. “It’s gotten harder… the pathways have gotten narrower.”

“The process is highly likely to involve some pain but the worst pain would be from failing to address this high inflation and allowing it to become persistent,” he continued.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/06/29/fed-chairman-powell-realizes-how-little-we-understand-about-inflation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

WHY is this buffoon anywhere near control of our monetary policy?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Kamaji

:facepalm2:

It may have been "unpredicted" by the geniuses at the Fed, but pretty much everyone else with half a brain, and no ideological commitment to leftist politics, was predicting this for quite some time.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!

Countless well documented books have been written about Zimbawe, the Weimar Republic, and even our debacles of the '70's.

I think they choose not to understand it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

Countless well documented books have been written about Zimbawe, the Weimar Republic, and even our debacles of the '70's.

I think they choose not to understand it.

:thumbsup:

Online DefiantMassRINO

I think inflation has something to do with an imbalance between demand and supply.

demand for goods vs supply of goods
demand for services vs supply of services
demand for money vs supply of money
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Dear Mr. Jerome,
I'm just a working class dummy.
But if you want to quell inflation, I suggest you:
- raise interest rates -- as high as it takes
- take money OUT OF circulation, by the billions (by the tens and hundreds of billions)
- encourage and promote as much energy production as possible (energy and oil are the lifebloods of a healthy economy)
- remove regulations that discourage business and output.
- cut ridiculous federal spending (we could start by cutting of Ukraine funding)

How's that...?

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Dear Mr. Jerome,
I'm just a working class dummy.
But if you want to quell inflation, I suggest you:
- raise interest rates -- as high as it takes
- take money OUT OF circulation, by the billions (by the tens and hundreds of billions)
- encourage and promote as much energy production as possible (energy and oil are the lifebloods of a healthy economy)
- remove regulations that discourage business and output.
- cut ridiculous federal spending (we could start by cutting of Ukraine funding)

How's that...?

You forgot "Get us back on thr Gold standard"! @Fishrrman
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien