Author Topic: S.E. Cupp on Dobbs Decision: ‘Hard to Imagine the Republican Party Surviving This’  (Read 595 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
S.E. Cupp on Dobbs Decision: ‘Hard to Imagine the Republican Party Surviving This’

Trent Baker 27 Jun 2022

[WARNING: Adult Language]

Monday on CNN’s “New Day,” political commentator S.E. Cupp questioned how the Republican Party could survive the Supreme Court overturning Roe v. Wade.

Cupp said the GOP was engaging in “aggressive bullshit,” and she wondered how the party would bring in new voters in future generations.

“It’s hard to imagine the Republican Party surviving this,” Cupp proclaimed. “Between anti-abortion, anti-LGBTQ, book banning, anti-democracy, I mean, add all of the aggressive bullshit — garbage, sorry — to this — I don’t take that back — add it all together, I don’t know who is left in future generations to be drawn to this party. If you look back at 2016, I think people voted for Trump for a wide array of reasons — some of them garbage, but some of them legitimately economic or even foreign policy. I think the people voting for more Trump, more MAGA now are really motivated by very few reasons, and so there are fewer of them.”

She continued, “And when you imagine that, I think for the first time … a generation will be able to say my parents had a right that I don’t have today; for the first time, a right was taken back. I can’t imagine how Republicans message to new voters and don’t just keep shrinking and condensing.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/06/27/s-e-cupp-on-dobbs-decision-hard-to-imagine-the-republican-party-surviving-this/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Okay Senorita Cupp....we'll see what the landscape looks like after the first week of November.
I'm guessing that when most people and women realize that abortions will about just as readily available as now, the abortion issue will die down.
The GOP might lose of few seats because of this, but I'm guessing many Americans will be sick and tired of paying five dollars for a gallon of gas and lot more for basic necessities.

Online mountaineer

Most voters don't have abortion in the top ten important issues that will be factors in their vote. Is she that out of touch?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

Most voters don't have abortion in the top ten important issues that will be factors in their vote. Is she that out of touch?
Abortion is not a Constitutional right and never was. It is still legal in states that have voted to allow it. Meanwhile, being gay is legal everywhere, we're not a "democracy", and parents have the right to decide which books their children are exposed to in school.

What's her damn point?

"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
She continued, “And when you imagine that, I think for the first time … a generation will be able to say my parents had a right that I don’t have today; for the first time, a right was taken back. I can’t imagine how Republicans message to new voters and don’t just keep shrinking and condensing.”
Not a gun owner, eh?

My parents had a lot of Rights they can no longer practice unencumbered.
Landowner riparian rights (that came with the original land grant) were illegally seized by the State (no compensation), then the Federal Government. They can no longer construct a bulkhead (seawall) to protect land from erosion, cannot build a pier to replace a damaged one without a permit. Cannot cut down trees planted 180 years ago by an ancestor without 7 permits--PER TREE, and now are only allowed to 'harvest' deadfall for firewood. Cannot fish in the river without a license. Can't put an order form and a check in an envelope and get a gun in the mail. The list goes on...and these are things I remember being able to do.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

Is she on IV Prog Koolaid Concentrate? While using Prog Koolaid Concentrate in her bong instead of water?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Dems are out touting this NPR poll..they are beside themselves...apparently they didn't read the whole thing..

Here is their poll

https://www.npr.org/2022/06/27/1107733632/poll-majorities-oppose-supreme-courts-abortion-ruling-and-worry-about-other-righ

Here is the thread here on it
Democrats more likely to vote in midterms after abortion ruling: poll
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,473613.msg2664391.html#msg2664391

this is all you need to know

The new NPR/PBS NewsHour Marist poll was conducted from June 24 to June 25 with a total of 941 respondents. The survey had a margin of error of 4.9 percentage points.

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

She continued, “And when you imagine that, I think for the first time … a generation will be able to say my parents had a right that I don’t have today; for the first time, a right was taken back.

How about the right to drink from 'whites only' water fountains?  The right to always sit at the front of the bus?  The right to own slaves?  You must have hated it when Republicans took those rights away.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-