Author Topic: Gasps, tears and fear: Inside a Texas abortion clinic the moment Roe was overturned  (Read 306 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Molly Hennessy-Fiske
Houston Bureau Chief
Follow
Photography by Gina Ferazzi
June 24, 2022 Updated 5:33 PM PT
SAN ANTONIO —

There were 27 patients scheduled to receive abortions Friday at Alamo Women’s Reproductive Services in San Antonio.

Some were already waiting outside when the clinic opened at 9 a.m., doing their best to ignore a group of protesters at the parking lot entrance, shouting at them through a loudspeaker.

“You don’t have to go in!” the activists pleaded with the women. “They murder babies!”

The clinic’s longtime owner, Dr. Alan Braid, was back in his office when his daughter, Andrea Gallegos, the executive administrator, ducked in.

“It’s out. The decision’s out,” she said. “Full overturn.”

Braid cursed. Then he began to tear up.

Dr Alan Braid sits in his office in disbelief after just being informed of the Supreme Court ruling.
(Gina Ferazzi/Los Angeles Times)

more
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2022-06-24/inside-a-texas-abortion-clinic-the-moment-roe-was-overturned

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

This guy is not a doctor as he took the Hippocratic Oath. He is more of a butcher than a doctor of medicine

The Hippocratic Oath
"I swear to fulfill, to the best of my ability and judgment, this covenant:
I will respect the hard-won scientific gains of those physicians in whose steps I walk, and gladly share such knowledge as is mine with those who are to follow.
I will apply, for the benefit of the sick, all measures [that] are required, avoiding those twin traps of overtreatment and therapeutic nihilism.
I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug.
I will not be ashamed to say "I know not," nor will I fail to call in my colleagues when the skills of another are needed for a patient's recovery.
I will respect the privacy of my patients, for their problems are not disclosed to me that the world may know.
Most especially must I tread with care in matters of life and death. If it is given me to save a life, all thanks. But it may also be within my power to take a life; this awesome responsibility must be faced with great humbleness and awareness of my own frailty.
Above all, I must not play at God.

I will remember that I do not treat a fever chart, a cancerous growth, but a sick human being, whose illness may affect the person's family and economic stability. My responsibility includes these related problems, if I am to care adequately for the sick.
I will prevent disease whenever I can, for prevention is preferable to cure.
I will remember that I remain a member of society, with special obligations to all my fellow human beings, those sound of mind and body as well as the infirm.
If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection thereafter.
May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help."
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 03:02:56 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington