Author Topic: U.S. ARMY: No GED, high school diploma needed to apply  (Read 790 times)

rebewranger

U.S. ARMY: No GED, high school diploma needed to apply
« on: June 25, 2022, 11:30:11 am »
U.S. ARMY: No GED, high school diploma needed to apply
Matthew Self - Yesterday 6:26 PM

UNITED STATES (KSNT) – The U.S. Army has announced that it has temporarily changed the requirements necessary for new recruits to apply, on Friday.

27 News spoke with a U.S. Army recruiter in Topeka on Friday regarding the update. According to the recruiter, new applicants can enlist without a high school diploma or General Education Development (GED).

This update applies to the regular army and will only be in effect for 2022 until the physical year ends for the U.S. Army on October 1. All applicants must meet Military Occupational Specialties (MOS) qualifications, be at least 18 years of age at the time of enlistment and score at least a 50 on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test.

Hunting, fishing on public lands in Kansas made easier
According to the Army recruiter, applicants must be able to leave in this year if they want to apply. If the applicant hasn’t received a high school diploma or GED after they enter the U.S. Army, resources are available to help applicants get them at a later date.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/u-s-army-no-ged-high-school-diploma-needed-to-apply/ar-AAYQqTU?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=d61c1f5a7f62422d8a5075d8375bb788

rebewranger

Re: U.S. ARMY: No GED, high school diploma needed to apply
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2022, 11:35:09 am »
15 Years ago the military considered anyone who couldn't read at the 9th grade level to be functionally illiterate,  Why?  So much was done with computers and computers are written at the ninth grade level.  Now the military will accept any dumb *ss who breathes.  It reminds me of Viet Nam. :banghead:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2022, 12:49:15 pm »
Bad precedent setting move.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 02:19:05 pm »
15 Years ago the military considered anyone who couldn't read at the 9th grade level to be functionally illiterate,  Why?  So much was done with computers and computers are written at the ninth grade level.  Now the military will accept any dumb *ss who breathes.  It reminds me of Viet Nam. :banghead:

@rangerrebew

I enlisted in the US Army at age 17,with a guarantee of attending jump school.

I did NOT have a high school diploma.

While in the army I DID take a test that got me AWARDED a high school diploma,as well as another test that got me awarded the equivalent of 2 years on college.

Which meant I was able to go to SF,which made me a REALLY happy camper.

BTW,IF I have to,I will state the obvious. Having a high school diploma is NOT a sign of intelligence. It just means you were good at attending school. School started boring the snot out of me when I was in the 8th grade. Earlier,actually,but by the 8th grade it became unbearable.

So unbearable I turned down an offer of 4 years of free college if I stayed in high school long enough to graduate,and I saw that as adding time to a prison sentence,and I was already serving time and innocent.

And "Yes,I WAS one of those dumb-asses who volunteered for VN,and even extended my tour instead of coming back to the US when it ended. That turned out to be THE biggest mistake of my life,due to Agent Orange infestation,but ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances,right?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2022, 02:26:59 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 02:20:55 pm »
Bad precedent setting move.

@catfish1957

I disagree. There are people who are just not mentally or emotionally prepared to waste that much time in their lives. I was one of them. One of my happiest days was when I turned old enough to quit high school and join the army. Would have done it years earlier if I could have.

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2022, 02:46:43 pm »
A CinC-puppet and string-pullers who regard military personnel as expendable idiots isn't a boon for recruiting? Who'd athunk it?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2022, 03:31:33 pm »
Young man who goes to our church offered to teach my boys some leather-craft last week. Wife had done him a favor and he wanted to repay it. He is half Hispanic and smart as a whip and was in the military (didn't get branch, think it was Army). Anyhoo, he said he was put in a teaching position (without the pay raise) and what stopped him from re-enlisting was just how unteachable (stupid) the new recruits were. Their attention spans were so annoying short it just irked him, so much so that he said my 12 y/o was a joy to teach over the current recruits.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2022, 07:06:12 pm »
Young man who goes to our church offered to teach my boys some leather-craft last week. Wife had done him a favor and he wanted to repay it. He is half Hispanic and smart as a whip and was in the military (didn't get branch, think it was Army). Anyhoo, he said he was put in a teaching position (without the pay raise) and what stopped him from re-enlisting was just how unteachable (stupid) the new recruits were. Their attention spans were so annoying short it just irked him, so much so that he said my 12 y/o was a joy to teach over the current recruits.

@Sighlass

I COULD easily be wrong about this because I am basically pulling it out of my ass,but *I* SUSPECT that if pushed into a corner most of those kids have the mental ability of kids their age decades ago.

What has changed was everyone from MY generation and earlier were told to work hard,study,and do well in school so they could have good jobs/well-paying careers as adults.

The kids today don't get that because they know they can go to school and do nothing but take naps all day,and still pass.

If you raise them to be slackers with zero ambition as a kid,don't be surprised when they are slackers as an adult.

Hell,look at Biden and over his entire career. One lie after another,and he has never done an honest day of work in his entire life,and he is a multi-millionaire and the President of the US.

IMNSHO,it ain't the kids of today as much as it is the system of today.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2022, 07:10:46 pm »
If today's Army was still like the Army I was in this would turn around the lives of many young men but alas, it is NOT the same Army.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2022, 07:23:27 pm »

Wow. Very sad and very pathetic.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2022, 08:24:12 pm »
@catfish1957

I disagree. There are people who are just not mentally or emotionally prepared to waste that much time in their lives. I was one of them. One of my happiest days was when I turned old enough to quit high school and join the army. Would have done it years earlier if I could have.

I understand the exceptions, but when downgraded precedented standards are allowed, it is a slippery slope towards mediocrity or worse.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2022, 09:52:22 pm »
No basic math or English skills needed in today's Army; transgendered or queer status preferred.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2022, 01:43:56 am »
No basic math or English skills needed in today's Army; transgendered or queer status preferred.

@mountaineer

My experience in the regular army after being medievaced from VN and forced out of SF and into the regular army due to physical profiles was that the regular army was like that in 1970. I wasn't  a leader as a NCO,I was a freaking baby-sitter. This is what caused me to get out,despite being offered another stripe if I would re-enlist.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2022, 09:25:44 am »
Take a hard look at the mediocrity of the Russian Army in Ukraine.  We are headed down the same path.  In the USSR/Russia, people got jobs and received compensation without really working.  There is no work ethic in Russia.  Everything is expected to be handed with zero performance.  Now we as a society are on that same destructive path.

It is all by design.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2022, 03:01:31 pm »
Take a hard look at the mediocrity of the Russian Army in Ukraine.  We are headed down the same path.  In the USSR/Russia, people got jobs and received compensation without really working.  There is no work ethic in Russia.  Everything is expected to be handed with zero performance.  Now we as a society are on that same destructive path.

It is all by design.

@jafo2010

Government as daddy,mama,and babysitter. Weeze the childrun and day tells uz whut ta do n whin ta do hit.