Author Topic: Cornyn, Other Republicans Push For Biden Administration To Expand Critical Race Theory In Schools  (Read 298 times)

Offline corbe

Cornyn, Other Republicans Push For Biden Administration To Expand Critical Race Theory In Schools

BY: JANE ROBBINS
JUNE 24, 2022

The Civics Secures Democracy Act would let the Biden administration impose critical race theory on public school civics courses via grants.

If you’re keeping an eye on what Sen. John Cornyn has in store for your Second Amendment rights, you might want to watch his other hand. He has just recently reintroduced the Civics Secures Democracy Act, which would enable the federal government to impose critical race theory (CRT) — that is, state-sanctioned racism and anti-Americanism — on public school civics courses via federal grants.

Of course, the drafters of the bill are too politically savvy to explicitly endorse critical race theory. Instead, the legislation provides for $6 billion in federal grants to states, nonprofit organizations, institutions of higher education, and researchers to improve civics and American history education primarily for “traditionally underserved students” (sections 102-106). The bill makes clear that grant applications must demonstrate how the applicant intends to prioritize the education of such students.

As explained in detail by Stanley Kurtz at the Ethics and Public Policy Center (see here and here), this anodyne-sounding terminology masks a deeply partisan agenda – an agenda that parents are fighting across the country. Kurtz reports that while the re-introduced bill removes a previous iteration’s problematic references to “action civics” (leftist political agitation for course credit), its central focus on “underserved” students is key to how the Biden Department of Education will implement it.

In the hive of progressive education, he explains, “the idea [of underserved students] is that recent immigrants and impoverished ethnic and racial minorities cannot embrace or excel at old-fashioned lessons on federalism or checks and balances. To truly excite and empower the underserved, you must supposedly teach about ‘systemic racism’ and recruit students into Black Lives Matter-style protests for course credit.”

<..snip..>

https://thefederalist.com/2022/06/24/cornyn-other-republicans-push-for-biden-administration-to-expand-critical-race-theory-in-schools/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I voted for Dwayne Stovall in the 2020 Texas primary and did so proudly!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien