Author Topic: Eric Adams says private NYC businesses can restrict guns  (Read 471 times)

Offline Kamaji

Eric Adams says private NYC businesses can restrict guns
« on: June 24, 2022, 02:48:34 pm »
Eric Adams says private NYC businesses can restrict guns

By Emily Crane
June 24, 2022

Mayor Eric Adams said Friday that it will be up to private businesses to decide whether to allow concealed guns under the new Supreme Court ruling — as he revealed he wants to convene mayors across the US to collectively fight the controversial decision.

Adams insisted he would aggressively fight the high court’s decision to strike down the Empire State’s century-old law restricting firearms, saying the city was already trying to identify locations where guns can be banned.

“Based on the preliminary analysis, our legal counsel stated private areas can come up with their own form of restrictions, but it’s clear the Supreme Court said you can’t block out all of Manhattan. That’s problematic,” Hizzoner told WNBC4.

“When you say you cannot create those public areas or government areas as sensitive locations, it just makes it extremely challenging for our city, our subway system, all of these places where large number of people congregate.”

The mayor said they were also trying to determine if the city could enforce firearm bans in government buildings and schools in the wake of the Supreme Court’s decision.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/06/24/eric-adams-says-private-nyc-businesses-can-restrict-guns/

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Eric Adams says private NYC businesses can restrict guns
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 02:51:49 pm »
A virtue signaling business that is a gun free zone is a target. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2022, 02:56:49 pm »
A virtue signaling business that is a gun free zone is a target. 

In NYC, not likely.  Most businesses don't have guns anyways.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2022, 02:58:15 pm »
In NYC, not likely.  Most businesses don't have guns anyways.

Businesses don't shoot people.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2022, 03:00:36 pm »

Wow.  What a brilliant observation.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2022, 11:00:32 pm »
Methinks someone's sarcasm detector be on the fritz.

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2022, 12:22:48 am »
Methinks someone's sarcasm detector be on the fritz.

Yup.  I figured I would just let it go till he figured it out!

Online The_Reader_David

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2022, 01:09:30 am »
Hmm... I just today told the story of Batt Masterson's days as Marshall in Abilene, KS.  Texas cowboys often caused trouble while in town after driving their herds north to the rail-head at Abilene.  Masterson wanted some semblance of peace in the saloons and demanded that they check their guns.  A group refused, and Masterson chose the biggest and meanest-looking of the Texas cowboys, laid him out with one punch, and repeated his demand.  The cowboys checked their guns.

(If you're wondering why I told the story, it had nothing to do with gun control:  it was a bit of Kansas local color for the students in town for our mathematics Research Experience for Undergraduate program.)
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.