Author Topic: 6 Ways McConnell Betrays the Republican Base  (Read 186 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
6 Ways McConnell Betrays the Republican Base
« on: June 24, 2022, 01:58:08 pm »
June 24, 2022
6 Ways McConnell Betrays the Republican Base
By J.B. Shurk

I do try to respect President Reagan's 11th Commandment: "Thou shalt not speak ill of thy fellow Republican."  I know ideological litmus tests rub some people the wrong way.  I get that turning internal disagreements into political losses is self-defeating.  I agree that priority number one is to beat back the Marxist hoards pushing America to the cliff's edge.  And it sure is nice to pat ourselves on the back for having a "big tent" open to everyone.  But…you knew it was coming…I sure wish we could move on from Mitch McConnell.  Or rather, I wish we could find an effective way to compel Republican senators to move on from McConnell (and his lackeys) as their leader.

I don't like him.  I don't like the way he conducts business in the Senate.  I don't like his imperious nature and his backroom double-dealings.  I don't think he represents the vast majority of Republican voters, and even worse, I don't think he even cares.  I find him off-putting and arrogant and a terrible spokesperson for the Republican Party.  I do not think he has ever convinced a single non-Republican voter to come onboard.  I'm not certain he believes in much aside from the accumulation and maintenance of raw power.  And to the extent he actually does have sincere beliefs, those beliefs seem hopelessly aligned to an outdated Republican Party still grazing in the country-club safe spaces of bourbon-swilling "elites."

His fingerprints are all over the Senate's new gun control bill, of course, because nothing gets done on the Republican side unless Mitch first snaps his fingers or gives his blessing.  His control over Republicans in the upper chamber looks more mafia don than minority leader.  So once again Senate Republicans are marching down a path in which they will congratulate themselves for having taken a "historic step" in fighting "gun violence," while doing nothing other than undermining the Bill of Rights and leaving their voters more vulnerable as future targets for Democrats' lawless bureaucratic harassment.  (Tell me that McConnell and his boys don't secretly enjoy the idea of grabbing guns from the freedom-minded Tea Party and MAGA Americans they despise.)  Well done, Senate Republicans!  Thanks for habitually rewarding red state voters with the vomitous stench of betrayal. 

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/06/6_ways_mcconnell_betrays_the_republican_base.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: 6 Ways McConnell Betrays the Republican Base
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2022, 02:21:03 pm »
And this is the problem. We can elect all the Republicans we want to Congress, until we get rid of the leadership we got nothing.
The Republic is lost.