Author Topic: Washington Post columnist: Americans should ‘stop complaining’ about inflation  (Read 506 times)

Online Hoodat

Washington Post columnist: Americans should ‘stop complaining’ about inflation

Thomas Barrabi  |  June 23, 2022  |  9:55am

Americans are more worried about inflation hurting their wallets than they should be — and they should “calm down” and “stop complaining” about it, according to a Washington Post columnist.

“Overall, many Americans aren’t suffering as much as they think they are and we can think things into existence because we are unrealistically fearful of something that hasn’t happened yet,” the paper’s personal finance columnist Michelle Singletary said during a Wednesday appearance on MSNBC. “We don’t know if we’re in a recession yet.”

Singletary downplayed concerns about the impact of rising prices after MSNBC anchor Chris Jansing pointed out a poll by Politico and Morning Consult which showed that 38% of Americans “say they would rather see a recession than the inflation we’re dealing with.”

“I read that to mean more than a third of Americans are so pressed by what they’re having to pay for gas, for food, everyday items, rent, that they’d rather see a recession. Is there where we are right now?” Jansing asked.

“You know, I’m just gonna say this, and if I get banged for it, I don’t care,” Singletary said.  .  .  .

https://nypost.com/2022/06/23/washington-post-columnist-americans-should-stop-complaining-about-inflation/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Sounds like he's auditioning for a job in the Biden cabinet, things don't really suck it's just you!

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Those damn deplorables be complaining Again.  Next thing you know they will want the SC to rule on Gun permits for them in NY.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Most of us do suffer when we have to pay 33% more for grocery staples and over 200% more for the gas to get there. Funny how that works.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

This woman is saying publicly what the Democrat  Party  thinks of Americans. I know a few leftists who have said what this woman is saying.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy