Author Topic: Dem governors defy Biden, refuse to suspend gas tax in their states  (Read 691 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published 50 mins ago
Democratic Washington, Oregon governors reject Biden gas tax pause
The governors' offices cited different reasons for why they do not believe it would be effective

By Ronn Blitzer FOXBusiness

President Biden is calling for a suspension of gas taxes as a means of lowering fuel prices, but two Democratic governors oppose taking similar measures in their states.

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee and Oregon Gov. Kate Brown both came out against pausing the gas tax, claiming it would not be effective.

"[W]ith gas prices having jumped by several dollars per gallon over the last several months, it’s unlikely that Oregonians would see significant savings at the pump under this latest proposal," Brown's office said in a statement.

Inlsee, whose state has among the highest gas taxes in the country at 49 cents per gallon, indicated that he was not interested in calling the special legislative session that would be needed to pass legislation putting the tax on hold.

"As for the idea of temporarily suspending the state gas tax, the oil companies would be the ones to benefit from yet another opportunity to pocket more profit at the expense of our ability to put people to work fixing our roads and bridges," a spokesperson for Inslee told the Seattle Times.

Washington's Department of Licensing told the Times that a three-month pause of the state's gas tax would cost the state approximately $300 million in revenue.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/democratic-washington-oregon-governors-reject-biden-gas-tax-pause
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Dem governors defy Biden, refuse to suspend gas tax in their states
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 08:50:36 pm »
Pretty bad when even other fascists, I mean democrats, call another fascist’s, I mean democrat’s, idea stupid. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: Dem governors defy Biden, refuse to suspend gas tax in their states
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 10:30:15 pm »
"As for the idea of temporarily suspending the state gas tax, the oil companies would be the ones to benefit from yet another opportunity to pocket more profit at the expense of our ability to put people to work fixing our roads and bridges," a spokesperson for Inslee told the Seattle Times.

I love how the democrats just assume that oil companies will jack up the price of gas by the same amount as the suspension of the gas tax would reduce it. Someone should tell Inslee that not everyone is as slimy as him.