Author Topic: Tesla Model S catches fire three weeks after getting sent to junkyard  (Read 907 times)

Online corbe

Tesla Model S catches fire three weeks after getting sent to junkyard

Firefighters ended up submerging the car in a water-filled pit

RONAN GLON
Jun 21st 2022 at 9:40AM

In what sounds like the automotive equivalent of The Walking Dead, a Tesla Model S caught fire three weeks after it was involved in an accident and sent to a junkyard. Firefighters had a difficult time putting out the blaze, and they ended up having to submerge the battery.

Posting on its official Twitter account, the Metro Fire Department of Sacramento explained that it sent crews to extinguish a vehicle fire in a wrecking yard. When they got there, firefighters found a burning Model S that had been wrecked in a non-fire-related accident about three weeks before. Why the electric sedan caught fire after sitting for nearly a month is unclear, but Metro Fire says the Tesla put up a fight.

"Crews knocked the fire down but it kept re-igniting/off-gassing in the battery compartment," it wrote on Twitter.

<..snip..>

https://www.autoblog.com/2022/06/21/tesla-model-s-fire-junkyard-video/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline PeteS in CA

I don't know what's so hard to understand about this fire. Lithium batteries do not like shock and vibration. While this fire might seem sudden, having broken out 3 weeks after the accident, my guess is that IR video monitoring the car would have shown the car battery area gradually getting hotter and hotter, until fire finally broke out.

Consider Congressional fantasies of all electric vehicles for the US military with this as context.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

I don't know what's so hard to understand about this fire. Lithium batteries do not like shock and vibration. While this fire might seem sudden, having broken out 3 weeks after the accident, my guess is that IR video monitoring the car would have shown the car battery area gradually getting hotter and hotter, until fire finally broke out.

Consider Congressional fantasies of all electric vehicles for the US military with this as context.

:thumbsup:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

Just think of the pollutants this burning EV spewed into the atmosphere.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Or into the water table since it went underwater.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

The idea maybe should be all members of Congress should be given EVs?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline libertybele

So much for less pollution and going green.   :pop41:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

rebewranger

Totaled Tesla goes up in flames three weeks after crash

A pit and 4,500 gallons of water were needed to put it out
Brandon Vigliarolo   Thu 23 Jun 2022 // 16:01 UTC

A totaled Tesla Model S burst into flames in a Sacramento junkyard earlier this month, causing a fire that took "a significant amount of time, water, and thinking outside the box to extinguish," firefighters said.

The vehicle was involved in a comparably unexplosive accident that sent it to the junkyard three weeks ago – it's unclear what caused the Tesla to explode nearly a month after being taken off the road. Like other electric vehicle fires, it was very difficult to extinguish.

"Crews knocked the fire down, but the car kept re-igniting and off-gassing in the battery compartment," the department said on Instagram.

https://www.theregister.com/2022/06/23/tesla_model_s_explodes_after/