Author Topic: ‘Radicals’ Are Racist Criminals  (Read 175 times)

rebewranger

‘Radicals’ Are Racist Criminals
« on: June 21, 2022, 08:23:15 pm »
‘Radicals’ Are Racist Criminals
Driving America towards the abyss.

Fri Jun 17, 2022David Horowitz180 comments

This article first appeared in the Daily Wire.

The crisis currently facing our nation is a crisis of faith – faith in the Constitution that has shaped our destiny, faith in the rule of law, and faith in the principle of equality before the law. The root cause of the lawlessness that is consuming our country is the monopoly of the executive power in Washington by a political party that has fallen under the control of the radical Left. This Left describes itself as “progressive,” but is focused on the goal of “re-imagining” American institutions and principles, in other words of dismantling the constitutional order that created the prosperity and freedoms that have shaped this country since its beginnings.

Having been born into this political Left and then rejected it, I have acquired an intimate perspective on its nature, and the threat it poses to the American future, which is grave. I was raised by Communists who always referred to themselves as “progressives,” and were sworn enemies of America and its institutions, as was I. We saw ourselves as warriors for social justice, acting on the “right side” of history.

We could not have been more mistaken. The “moral arc” of history is not “bent towards justice,” as progressives like to say. If it were, the 20th Century would be the most enlightened instead of the scene of the greatest atrocities and oppressions on human record. Worse yet, for this progressive myth, these atrocities and oppressions were perpetrated by progressives in the name of “social justice.”

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/2022/06/radicals-are-racist-criminals-david-horowitz/