Author Topic: ‘Hypocritical’ defund NYPD advocate moved out of Harlem for ‘safety issues’  (Read 363 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘Hypocritical’ defund NYPD advocate moved out of Harlem for ‘safety issues’

By Sam Raskin
June 21, 2022

A left-wing state lawmaker who has pushed for cutting police funding first moved to the district she is seeking to represent in Congress because “safety issues” near “the projects” in Harlem prompted her to shack up with her tech bro then-fiancé in the Financial District, The Post has learned.

Assemblywoman Yuh-Line Niou (D-Lower Manhattan) told a local publication in 2016 — when she was campaigning to initially get elected to her current seat — that she headed to the wealthier Manhattan neighborhood because she witnessed a pair of disturbing crimes and fell victim to one.

“I actually was robbed when I was living in Harlem. My boyfriend at the time, my fiancé, didn’t think I was safe up there, so he told me to move in, and so that’s how I moved to the Financial District with him,” she explained in an interview with the Lo-Down NY. “He was already living there.”

Four years later, her since-updated issues section for her most recent Assembly campaign read, “She believes that we are long overdue for police reform in this country and that we need to defund millions from the police in order to put critical funding back into our social services, education, and housing.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/06/21/yuh-line-niou-house-wannabe-who-preaches-cop-defund-fled-from-harlem/

Offline Kamaji

Hypocrisy is SoP for dems/libs/progs.

Offline PeteS in CA

I wonder how she has avoided the realization that catch-and-releasing thugs back to the streets encourages crime, especially since Asian-Americans like her are among some thugs' favored targets.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

I wonder how she has avoided the realization that catch-and-releasing thugs back to the streets encourages crime, especially since Asian-Americans like her are among some thugs' favored targets.

Willful blindness.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Hypocrisy is SoP for dems/libs/progs.

@Kamaji

And maybe the saddest part about it is that almost none of these creatures are smart enough to understand what they are asking for and what they are doing.

The reality is they are nothing more than "tools",and those "tools" will be discarded with the rest of the trash once the left takes over.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!