Author Topic: Hawker Hunter Aggressor Jet Crashes Off North Carolina  (Read 352 times)

rebewranger

Hawker Hunter Aggressor Jet Crashes Off North Carolina
« on: June 21, 2022, 11:32:57 am »
Hawker Hunter Aggressor Jet Crashes Off North Carolina
Joseph Trevithick - Yesterday 7:45 PM

A63-year-old single-seat Hawker Hunter Mk 58 jet operated by contract adversary air provider Airborne Tactical Advantage Company, or ATAC, has crashed in the Atlantic Ocean off the coast of North Carolina, the Federal Aviation Administration has confirmed to The War Zone. The U.S. Coast Guard rescued the pilot, but it's unclear what their current condition might be or whether they were able to eject from the aircraft before it hit the water.

The full FAA statement is as follows:

A single-engine Hawker crashed into the Atlantic Ocean about 40 miles southeast of Wilmington International Airport in North Carolina around 5:15 p.m. local time today. Only the pilot was on board and was rescued by the U.S. Coast Guard.

The FAA and the National Transportation Safety Board will investigate. The NTSB will be in charge of the investigation and will provide additional updates.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/hawker-hunter-aggressor-jet-crashes-off-north-carolina/ar-AAYFWBo?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a5bd578fb73f41c483d65fd4be9fbd42

Online mountaineer

Re: Hawker Hunter Aggressor Jet Crashes Off North Carolina
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 12:01:17 pm »
contract adversary air provider Airborne Tactical Advantage Company
Can anyone explain this to me?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 12:15:03 pm »
Can anyone explain this to me?

I believe it means that it's a private company that provides aircraft and pilots to challenge military pilots in training exercises.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 01:50:10 am »

https://planesoffame.org/aircraft/plane-Mk-58
The jets served from 1958 to 1991, the last retired from active duty being Swiss, and after several modifications.

Using them as adversary aircraft in a training role permits pilot combat training without using duty aircraft as adversaries, which may save the service money for maintenance and parts, and wear and tear on active duty airframes.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis