Author Topic: Clyburn: ‘No Question’ We Are in a Recession ‘for a Lot of People,’ If You Can’t Afford Gas, ‘You Ar  (Read 417 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Clyburn: ‘No Question’ We Are in a Recession ‘for a Lot of People,’ If You Can’t Afford Gas, ‘You Are in a Recession’

Ian Hanchett 20 Jun 2022

On Monday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “Your World,” House Majority Whip Rep. James Clyburn (D-SC) stated that there isn’t any question that “for a lot of people,” we are already in a recession and that “If you can’t afford to buy gasoline, you are in a recession.” Clyburn also stated that while this is going on, “The investor class” and corporate executives are doing just fine and are still making money even though some individual investors are losing money in the market right now.

Host Neil Cavuto asked, [relevant remarks begin around 3:30] “I think a lot of them are alarmed by what’s happening with the economy. I know the president says we’re not in a recession. Others disagree with that. Just out of curiosity, do you think we are in a recession?”

Clyburn responded, “Well, for a lot of people, we are. There’s no question about that. If you can’t afford to buy gasoline, you are in a recession. The investor class in this country is not losing any money. Individuals? Yes. But as a class, investors are still making money. Corporate execs are making plenty of money. That’s not the issue.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/06/20/clyburn-no-question-we-are-in-a-recession-for-a-lot-of-people-if-you-cant-afford-gas-you-are-in-a-recession/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

We're in a recession heading for a depression.  Just my opinion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

We stay at home and only drive when necessary.  Gas is over $5.00/gal.  How in the heck do people afford to drive to work every day and feed their families, pay their rent or mortgage and be able to save a few dollars for a rainy day? 

Those rainy day funds are now needed!

This country is crumbling.  We were energy independent, people were back to work, unemployment was low and things were headed in the right direction.

Let's Go Brandon!!!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Killer Clouds

We stay at home and only drive when necessary.  Gas is over $5.00/gal.  How in the heck do people afford to drive to work every day and feed their families, pay their rent or mortgage and be able to save a few dollars for a rainy day? 

Those rainy day funds are now needed!

This country is crumbling.  We were energy independent, people were back to work, unemployment was low and things were headed in the right direction.

Let's Go Brandon!!!!!

$5.00 gas would be better than what it is here. I paid $6.39 last time I filled up. At least the Challenger gets better mileage than the Jeep.

Online LMAO

We are not officially in a Recession, but will be soon. That can keep oil prices from rising

Recessions are corrective. If allowed to work themselves out, the economy can come out strong on the other end. Reagan had a Recession in the middle of his first term yet went on to win a 49 state landslide re election

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy