Author Topic: Dowd: If GOP Wins Senate, House Majority in Midterms It’s ‘Goodbye Democracy’  (Read 1132 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dowd: If GOP Wins Senate, House Majority in Midterms It’s ‘Goodbye Democracy’

Pam Key 20 Jun 2022

Former chief strategist for the Bush-Cheney 2004 presidential campaign Matthew Dowd said Wednesday on MSNBC’s “The ReidOut” that if Republicans won the majority in the U.S. House and Senate, it would be the end of democracy.

Dowd said, “It’s like Frankenstein made a monster, and the monster woke up and is now destroying the village and lost control of it, and that’s the way it is. Eric Greitens is a perfect example. He’s one step further than Donald Trump, who was one step further than Sarah Palin and Doug Mastriano, the Republican nominee in Pennsylvania, who was at the January 6th and organized buses to go to the coup down there. He’s the Republican nominee for governor of Pennsylvania, so we can’t consider these people isolated. They’re the dominant theme of a major legacy party of the United States of America who has an opportunity to win the Senate and win the House this year 2022 is my fear because if that happens, goodbye democracy.”

He added, “The first thing the Democratic Party has to do we’re in a different time and old plans about talking about 22 different policies and what’s their plan on x, y and z — they ought to throw it out. We’re not in the normal time. They have to realize that a culture war and a war for America has been launched, and it’s launched for 10 or 15 years, and the Democrats think they’ll organize the kitchen at the barracks while the war is going on. Democrats have to step up and believe and talk like this. This is a war for the soul and heart of America.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/06/20/dowd-if-gop-wins-senate-house-majority-in-midterms-its-goodbye-democracy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

What an idiot.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
No, he mispronounced it.

It's "Goodbye Democrats, see?"
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

So, a valid (more or less) election - an exercise in democracy - is going to result in the end of democracy if it doesn't result in the libs'/progs' preferred outcome?

Really?

"Democracy" - you keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"Communism needs democracy like the human body needs oxygen."
–Leon Trotsky
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
More like "Hello Freedom". Damn we sure have missed you.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline cato potatoe

'"This is a war for the soul and heart of America."

So corny.  Is that a political statement or a truck commercial? 

Offline GrouchoTex

Dowd has been pissed off for a while now, but I am not sure why.
He ran for office in Texas an no one cared.
Maybe that is some of it.
Seems to get weirder all the time.

Online Hoodat

So corny.  Is that a political statement or a truck commercial?

Time for a Texas interlude.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
What does Dowd think we have now with the democrat majorities? Apparently he is just fine with the democrats stifling the democratic process, the 2nd Amendment, the 1st Amendment, ability to travel, food availability and more with their with their majority. I'm not surprised this guy was a Bush/Cheney strategist, he sure sounds like a democrat.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Be still my beating heart!

We are SUPPOSED to be a Republic,NOT a bleeping democracy!

The now accepted common belief that we are a democracy is when and where the trouble began.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 11:46:57 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

When you can’t run on the issues, use hyperbole
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Dowd has been irrational for some time now.  I have no idea when he fell on his head and short circuited the tiny brain he possesses.  It is morons like him that destroy the reputation of journalism.  As much as the republic is dead, so too is journalism.

Dowd speaks of war with those that want freedom.  What does that make him?  From my view, an ardent enemy.  The time has come to begin defining who are true enemies of this republic and deal with them harshly.  I believe it all goes back to the globalist effort.  I am certain he is a globalist puppet, and until we deal harshly with globalists, our republic will continue to be eroded with each passing year.  However, we are talking about some very powerful people, and they will resist any effort to halt their efforts to destroy the sovereignty of the USA.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Dowd has been irrational for some time now.  I have no idea when he fell on his head and short circuited the tiny brain he possesses.  It is morons like him that destroy the reputation of journalism.  As much as the republic is dead, so too is journalism.

Dowd speaks of war with those that want freedom.  What does that make him?  From my view, an ardent enemy.  The time has come to begin defining who are true enemies of this republic and deal with them harshly.  I believe it all goes back to the globalist effort.  I am certain he is a globalist puppet, and until we deal harshly with globalists, our republic will continue to be eroded with each passing year. However, we are talking about some very powerful people, and they will resist any effort to halt their efforts to destroy the sovereignty of the USA.

@jafo2010

Name ONE Billionaire businessman besides Trump that is pro-American.

What does that tell you about the people behind the anti-Trump movement?

Offline Kamaji

@jafo2010

Elon Musk

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Elon Musk

@Kamaji

True,but he is a recent convert,and only converted because his businesses were taking hits.

NOT that that is a bad thing. It is a legitimate reason. Saving self doesn't rank up there with saving America,but it IS where it starts. Opening one eye tends to lead to the other eye also opening.

Offline Kamaji

@Kamaji

True,but he is a recent convert,and only converted because his businesses were taking hits.

NOT that that is a bad thing. It is a legitimate reason. Saving self doesn't rank up there with saving America,but it IS where it starts. Opening one eye tends to lead to the other eye also opening.

Recent or not, he appears to have had the same sort of change of mind that Reagan did:  the realization that the democrat party had left him, not the other way around.

Offline rustynail

If GOP Wins Senate, House Majority in Midterms.....nothing changes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Recent or not, he appears to have had the same sort of change of mind that Reagan did:  the realization that the democrat party had left him, not the other way around.

@Kamaji

Yup!

Offline PeteS in CA

How many "Hic!" events did MesSNBC production people have to edit out?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
sneakypete...

Musk has changed his tune recently, and I do not know the reason.

Sad to say, but one too many billionaires are hellbent on destroying not only this country but the world.  Quite a few are onboard with dropping the global population to 500 or 800 million, depending on your source.  Evil is rampant in the world.  I have friends that believe we are definitely in the throes of Armageddon. 

I know history does repeat itself, and we are headed for some very nasty days.  I figure 2038 to 2050 will see the global population reduced by 50 - 99%.  So we are talking somewhere near 10 billion lives destroyed one way or another, I expect it to be a virulent bio weapon.

Do you know David Lester Straight and his 8 part series on Youtube titled Out of Babylon with David Lester Straight?  There are some things most of us just don't know if what he says is true,  and Americans are awakening slowly.  We are headed for turbulent times.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Musk has changed his tune recently, and I do not know the reason.

Sad to say, but one too many billionaires are hellbent on destroying not only this country but the world.  Quite a few are onboard with dropping the global population to 500 or 800 million, depending on your source.  Evil is rampant in the world.  I have friends that believe we are definitely in the throes of Armageddon. 

I know history does repeat itself, and we are headed for some very nasty days.  I figure 2038 to 2050 will see the global population reduced by 50 - 99%.  So we are talking somewhere near 10 billion lives destroyed one way or another, I expect it to be a virulent bio weapon.

Do you know David Lester Straight and his 8 part series on Youtube titled Out of Babylon with David Lester Straight? There are some things most of us just don't know if what he says is true,  and Americans are awakening slowly.  We are headed for turbulent times.

@jafo2010

Never even heard of it before,but as the old saying goes,"You don't need to be a weatherman to know it's raining if you are getting wet."