Author Topic: Memo to Republicans: It’s time to dump The Donald and run with The Ronald  (Read 1868 times)

Offline roamer_1

Reagan promised we'd get 90% of what we want, but for the remaining 10% he signed Illegal Alien Amnesty and the tax reform of 1986 that wiped out the S&L sector of banking.

I didn't like the illegal alien amnesty... But I understood it, and was alright with it... AND I watched those snakes from both sides of the aisle stand up there with Reagan and GUARANTEE that such an amnesty would never need to happen again - They'd get it fixed.

Where I am from, your word means something. And that vow before us all, representing their fellows en toto, is where the rubber hits the road for me. I will not let them wiggle out of that promise.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Hey Piers, why don't you worry about your country and let us deal with ours? Or in American parlance GTFO!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Today I got to vote for Mo Brooks, against the person Trump endorsed (Katie)... Katie supported BLM on her twitter feed (and FB, which she deleted after it came out)... She was pushed by a PAC called "Alabama RINO Pac" that was run by a leftist in Texas.  The "PAC" is run by a fellow (Bill Burton) that supported nothing but democrats (wonder why he is pushing Katie /end sarcasm). Katie pushed Doug Jones over Roy Moore and the head democrat (that just retired) personally thanked her for doing it (and thanked her for pushing the gas tax). Katie was also supported by Mitch McTrator and the Business Council of Alabama that pushed for amnesty for illegals. Yeah, Trump sure can pick em, but you know Trump, it is politics before conservatism. Kiss his butt is all he cares for, cause he is a populace only candidate (me me me). /end rant
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

Today I got to vote for Mo Brooks, against the person Trump endorsed (Katie)...

If I had the chance I would vote for Mo Brooks too - No question about it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Dump a proven conservative in favor of a promising, but relatively inexperienced conservative?

@IsailedawayfromFR

YUP! MUCH mo betta to have a rookie in office that will still believe the lies the DC pros whisper into his ears to make sure every decision he makes is wrong.

After all,ANYBODY has to be better than "Rude Orange Man",right?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 11:08:29 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Kamaji

@IsailedawayfromFR

YUP! MUCH mo betta to have a rookie in office that will still believe the lives the DC pros whisper into his ears to make sure every decision he makes is wrong.

After all,ANYBODY has to be better than "Rude Orange Man",right?

WADR, do you seriously think DeSantis is a "rookie" with less experience than Trump?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We all realize he is not a perfect conservative so you will not vote for him, but he is far and away the best at hand to combat the amassed leftist army which confronts us.

@IsailedawayfromFR

But.....,but.....,but....he's RUDE!

Much mo betta to have someone polite and mild-mannered in the WH! Isn't there another Bush we can vote into the Presidency? One that is even half-brown to sew up the his and her Panic vote?

Yeah,another Bush! THAT's the ticket the moderate alleged Republicans crave!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
At this point, I could vote for either to be President. One thing I especially appreciate about both is that both get that the MSM hate and will gladly lie about them, and they fight (something waaaaayyyyyy too few Rs do). Since Trump has already served a term, and thus is term-limited, I would be inclined to vote for DeSantis in a primary, as he could have two terms.

@PeteS in CA

MUCH mo betta to have a Trump for 4 years that is outraged at the screwing he got when he was prez. Let him take out his anger on the Dims and their RINO butt-buddies for 4 years,and THEN let DeSantis take over.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That ain't 5/6ths of Conservatism. That ain't Conservatism AT ALL.
Vote any way you want. I don't care. But own it... Call it what it is and leave Conservatism alone.
Because that ain't it.

And as it stands, I WILL be voting for DeSantis... and I would have voted for Cruz.
It ain't that hard to get me to vote.

@roamer_1

CRUZ?????? ROFLMAO!

Offline libertybele

Today I got to vote for Mo Brooks, against the person Trump endorsed (Katie)... Katie supported BLM on her twitter feed (and FB, which she deleted after it came out)... She was pushed by a PAC called "Alabama RINO Pac" that was run by a leftist in Texas.  The "PAC" is run by a fellow (Bill Burton) that supported nothing but democrats (wonder why he is pushing Katie /end sarcasm). Katie pushed Doug Jones over Roy Moore and the head democrat (that just retired) personally thanked her for doing it (and thanked her for pushing the gas tax). Katie was also supported by Mitch McTrator and the Business Council of Alabama that pushed for amnesty for illegals. Yeah, Trump sure can pick em, but you know Trump, it is politics before conservatism. Kiss his butt is all he cares for, cause he is a populace only candidate (me me me). /end rant

That is a known fact!

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'm fine with either.
There are others.

Anyone that will stand up to the family destruction that has been the frog-in-the-pot-of-water-slowly-coming-to-a-boil scheme being played on us for most of our lifetimes.
Just as fuel cost drive every thing in the market place, having strong family units reduces crime, protect property values, promotes better schools, etc....
I am seeing a trend that is bothering me. Builders building single family suburban homes with the expressed intent of rent-only communities.
Property ownership is something else that builds strong communities.
A domestic energy policy that doesn't cause inflation to sky rocket to go along with this would be perfect.

Just no more Bushes, okay?

@GrouchoTex

And THAT is where the rubber meets the road,and the explanation for why there so many damn fools voting "stoopid" in every election. They are life-long renters or leasers who feel NO community connection,or in fact,any sort of human connection outside of their own family. Sometimes,not even then.

People in more rural areas own their homes,and not only know who their neighbors are,but will go to help them in a time of need. Most people that live in apartments don't even know who lives in the next apartment. They MIGHT know their names from their mailboxes,but that's it. They come home from work or school each night,and lock themselves away in their cubicle.

Offline libertybele

Reagan promised we'd get 90% of what we want, but for the remaining 10% he signed Illegal Alien Amnesty and the tax reform of 1986 that wiped out the S&L sector of banking.

That mistake continues to haunt us to this day!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
WADR, do you seriously think DeSantis is a "rookie" with less experience than Trump?

@Kamaji

Only because he is.

YOU tell ME who has the most experience as a sitting President,DeSantis or Trump?

WHO is going to go into the WH all pissed off and looking for payback to the RINO's and the Dims,DeSantis or Trump?

WHO has only ONE term to serve and will NOT be making decisions based on winning the next election,DeSantis,or Trump?

WHO has a massive ego and will do anything to insure he goes down in the history books as "the President who saved America",DeSantis,or Trump?

Offline Kamaji

@Kamaji

Only because he is.

YOU tell ME who has the most experience as a sitting President,DeSantis or Trump?

WHO is going to go into the WH all pissed off and looking for payback to the RINO's and the Dims,DeSantis or Trump?

WHO has only ONE term to serve and will NOT be making decisions based on winning the next election,DeSantis,or Trump?

WHO has a massive ego and will do anything to insure he goes down in the history books as "the President who saved America",DeSantis,or Trump?

If you say so. ...

Offline Hoodat

Today I got to vote for Mo Brooks, against the person Trump endorsed (Katie)...

Thank you for that, @Sighlass .  All my wife's South Alabama relatives did the same.  They like Trump, but can't understand why he is supporting the GOP Establishment here.  They were never enamored with Richard Shelby either.  Mo Brooks is a rock star IMO.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Five-sixths?  Hardly.  I just want the person who will deny the Left the ability to seize power through government spending - the person who will refuse to send a half-a-billion-dollar check to Planned Parenthood each and every year - the person who will say "hell no" when Congress asks the Treasury to take money from the Fed - the person who actually lives by the wording of the Constitution as a treatise of limited government.  I want the person who is willing to use their power as leader of the Executive Branch to balance each department's budget regardless of what 'borrowed money' Congress gives them.  Is that really too much to ask?

Screw the Democrats.  Stop funding their election coffers with taxpayer money.
Guess you missed the Mickey Gilley line (God rest his soul).

All noble words that none on this forum would disagree with, I for one would certainly not, but have we ever seen such a man since George Washington walked this earth?
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I didn't like the illegal alien amnesty... But I understood it, and was alright with it... AND I watched those snakes from both sides of the aisle stand up there with Reagan and GUARANTEE that such an amnesty would never need to happen again - They'd get it fixed.

Where I am from, your word means something. And that vow before us all, representing their fellows en toto, is where the rubber hits the road for me. I will not let them wiggle out of that promise.

Shit in one hand and promise in the other, then see which fills up first.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

Yup. Even so, My witness of that promise leaves any other thing dealing with amnesty at an uncompromising 'Oh Hell No!'

And so it ever will be.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

That's the Dem course of action when it comes to dealing with the Republicans.

They call that "bipartisanship"
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

I give him a '9'
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

He fell into the same trap on those that a lot of Conservatives of his era did...they believed the Dems were honest brokers.
Rather than honest brokers, I prefer the term Patriotic,  meaning prioritizing the good of the country over what is good for oneself,

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Rather than honest brokers, I prefer the term Patriotic,  meaning prioritizing the good of the country over what is good for oneself,

I like your term better.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!