Author Topic: Memo to Republicans: It’s time to dump The Donald and run with The Ronald  (Read 1871 times)

Offline Kamaji

Memo to Republicans:  It’s time to dump The Donald and run with The Ronald

By Piers Morgan
June 20, 2022

President Donald Trump recently issued his fourth official statement about me since our controversial interview two months ago.

(The one where he didn’t like me telling him I don’t believe he had the 2020 election stolen from him)

“Piers opened STRONG with me,” Trump sneered about my new TV show Piers Morgan Uncensored, “then ‘died.’ He now only draws flies.”

It made me chuckle because a) I’m still alive b) the show’s going great (give it a try on Fox Nation) and c) Trump’s fierce loyalty to friends is only matched by his comically obsessive trash-talking fury if you fall out with him.

But there was also an irony about his statement.

At the risk of further incurring his wrath, if anyone is drawing flies right now, it’s Donald Trump.

The once omnipotent GOP beast bestriding the American political world like a paw-crunching King Kong is now seeing his stranglehold over the party ebb away faster than the infamous gorilla tumbled to his demise from the Empire State Building after being shot by US Navy jets.

And the same foe is proving to be the deadly weapon again now, in the form of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, a US Navy war hero who advised SEAL Team commanders in Iraq, and who still serves with the US Navy Reserve.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/06/20/memo-to-gop-time-to-dump-donald-trump-and-run-with-ron-desantis/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Dump a proven conservative in favor of a promising, but relatively inexperienced conservative?

I prefer more time to ensure Ron gains more experience and continues his present course in directing a large state at the pinnacle of conservatism, and select him as Dpnald's VP on the 2024 ticket.

We witnessed a premature selection years ago in similarly picking Marco before he showed his true colors, and escaped a disaster,

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

Dump a proven conservative in favor of a promising, but relatively inexperienced conservative?

I prefer more time to ensure Ron gains more experience and continues his present course in directing a large state at the pinnacle of conservatism, and select him as Dpnald's VP on the 2024 ticket.

We witnessed a premature selection years ago in similarly picking Marco before he showed his true colors, and escaped a disaster,

DeSantis needs to stay right where he's at.  This country needs all the conservative governors that they can get.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sounds like old Piers is paying down some debt with his buddies.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

Tumpy is no Conservative.

Offline Hoodat

Memo to Republicans:  It's time to start acting like Conservatives.  Stop empowering your enemy by expanding the money supply.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Memo to Republicans:  It's time to start acting like Conservatives.  Stop empowering your enemy by expanding the money supply.
Not to mention negotiating away a few chunks of the Bill of Rights.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Tumpy is no Conservative.
We all realize he is not a perfect conservative so you will not vote for him, but he is far and away the best at hand to combat the amassed leftist army which confronts us.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Kamaji

We all realize he is not a perfect conservative so you will not vote for him, but he is far and away the best at hand to combat the amassed leftist army which confronts us.

DeSantis is doing a pretty good job of hand-to-hand with the leftists.

DeSantis is doing a pretty good job of hand-to-hand with the leftists.
No question about it.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline roamer_1

Whether I like him or not, or whether you like him or not, has nothing to do with it. Words mean things. By definition Tumpy is no Conservative. National Populist maybe... Whatever.

Conservatism starts in libertarianism and fiscal conservatism - the very marrow of conservatism. There is no way to defend Tumpy in that... ergo - No Conservative.

As to 'confronting the leftist army'... Go look at the porkulus bills he signed and tell me if you can even defend that statement.

Offline WhatWouldReaganDo

Whether I like him or not, or whether you like him or not, has nothing to do with it. Words mean things. By definition Tumpy is no Conservative. National Populist maybe... Whatever.

Conservatism starts in libertarianism and fiscal conservatism - the very marrow of conservatism. There is no way to defend Tumpy in that... ergo - No Conservative.

As to 'confronting the leftist army'... Go look at the porkulus bills he signed and tell me if you can even defend that statement.
:amen:
Down the centuries, you have slurred the meaning of the words, "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty, to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution". These words and the words that follow, were not written only for the Yangs, but for the Kohms as well! They must apply to everyone, or they mean nothing! - James Tiberius Kirk

Did I say he was perfect?

I'll go home with the 5/6 we can continue to improve upon while you keep searching the woods for a 10.  You will be searching for a long, long time.....

Offline Hoodat

I'll go home with the 5/6 we can continue to improve upon while you keep searching the woods for a 10.  You will be searching for a long, long time.....

Five-sixths?  Hardly.  I just want the person who will deny the Left the ability to seize power through government spending - the person who will refuse to send a half-a-billion-dollar check to Planned Parenthood each and every year - the person who will say "hell no" when Congress asks the Treasury to take money from the Fed - the person who actually lives by the wording of the Constitution as a treatise of limited government.  I want the person who is willing to use their power as leader of the Executive Branch to balance each department's budget regardless of what 'borrowed money' Congress gives them.  Is that really too much to ask?

Screw the Democrats.  Stop funding their election coffers with taxpayer money.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Five-sixths?  Hardly.  I just want the person who will deny the Left the ability to seize power through government spending - the person who will refuse to send a half-a-billion-dollar check to Planned Parenthood each and every year - the person who will say "hell no" when Congress asks the Treasury to take money from the Fed - the person who actually lives by the wording of the Constitution as a treatise of limited government.  I want the person who is willing to use their power as leader of the Executive Branch to balance each department's budget regardless of what 'borrowed money' Congress gives them.  Is that really too much to ask?

:thumbsup:

Remember, in that left-over 6th that the President caves on, could be laws giving the elections away to the Rats.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline PeteS in CA

At this point, I could vote for either to be President. One thing I especially appreciate about both is that both get that the MSM hate and will gladly lie about them, and they fight (something waaaaayyyyyy too few Rs do). Since Trump has already served a term, and thus is term-limited, I would be inclined to vote for DeSantis in a primary, as he could have two terms.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

At this point, I could vote for either to be President. One thing I especially appreciate about both is that both get that the MSM hate and will gladly lie about them, and they fight (something waaaaayyyyyy too few Rs do). Since Trump has already served a term, and thus is term-limited, I would be inclined to vote for DeSantis in a primary, as he could have two terms.

:thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

That ain't 5/6ths of Conservatism. That ain't Conservatism AT ALL.
Vote any way you want. I don't care. But own it... Call it what it is and leave Conservatism alone.
Because that ain't it.

And as it stands, I WILL be voting for DeSantis... and I would have voted for Cruz.
It ain't that hard to get me to vote.

Offline roamer_1

That's right.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Reagan promised we'd get 90% of what we want, but for the remaining 10% he signed Illegal Alien Amnesty and the tax reform of 1986 that wiped out the S&L sector of banking.
I will NOT comply.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Reagan promised we'd get 90% of what we want, but for the remaining 10% he signed Illegal Alien Amnesty and the tax reform of 1986 that wiped out the S&L sector of banking.

He fell into the same trap on those that a lot of Conservatives of his era did...they believed the Dems were honest brokers.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He fell into the same trap on those that a lot of Conservatives of his era did...they believed the Dems were honest brokers.

Exactly so.  He violated a big rule of negotiation:  Never give up an action in return for a promise.  He enacted the Amnesty on the promise of tightening up the border, and the Rats reneged.
I will NOT comply.

Offline GrouchoTex

I'm fine with either.
There are others.

Anyone that will stand up to the family destruction that has been the frog-in-the-pot-of-water-slowly-coming-to-a-boil scheme being played on us for most of our lifetimes.
Just as fuel cost drive every thing in the market place, having strong family units reduces crime, protect property values, promotes better schools, etc....
I am seeing a trend that is bothering me. Builders building single family suburban homes with the expressed intent of rent-only communities.
Property ownership is something else that builds strong communities.
A domestic energy policy that doesn't cause inflation to sky rocket to go along with this would be perfect.

Just no more Bushes, okay?

Offline Hoodat