Author Topic: Fact-checking Biden shifts into overdrive as false claims on economy pile up fast  (Read 311 times)

Online Hoodat

Fact-checking Biden shifts into overdrive as false claims on economy pile up fast

Dave Boyer

President Biden is telling whoppers faster than inflation is rising.

Whether he’s talking about the state of the economy or his exploits in college, the purported “facts” presented by the president don’t hold up to the most basic check.

His favorite falsehood in recent weeks is that Americans are better off financially under his leadership.

“Since I took office, families are carrying less debt; their average savings are up,” Mr. Biden told a union audience in Philadelphia.

It’s untrue. Total credit card debt hit a record high in April of $1.103 trillion, slightly higher than its pre-pandemic level. Federal Reserve data shows that total household debt has risen by $1.5 trillion since Mr. Biden took office.

Household debt payments as a percent of disposable income also have risen since the first quarter of 2021, according to the Fed.

Rep. Darrell Issa, California Republican, said of the president’s claims, “He has no idea what he’s talking about.”

Another spurious claim, also made by the president in Philadelphia, is that inflation “is worse everywhere but here.” It’s false.  .  .  .

https://amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/jun/17/bidens-false-claims-soaring-faster-prices-pump/
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Even the stupidest democrat voter has to see the truth every time they buy groceries, gas, consumer electronics or pay for repairs. God help those who actually experience winter(not me in SoCal) if we have an early harsh one and they can't afford to heat their homes. Even with all that is happening there will still be the fools that vote democrat just because that's what they always do. And to think it's conservatives that liberals called mind numbed robots.

Offline Kamaji

Even the stupidest democrat voter has to see the truth every time they buy groceries, gas, consumer electronics or pay for repairs. God help those who actually experience winter(not me in SoCal) if we have an early harsh one and they can't afford to heat their homes. Even with all that is happening there will still be the fools that vote democrat just because that's what they always do. And to think it's conservatives that liberals called mind numbed robots.

:thumbsup: