Author Topic: Big Oil exec: Biden’s ‘failure to plan’ now constitutes ‘significant emergency’  (Read 746 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
June 18, 2022 12:44pm EDT
Big Oil exec: Biden’s ‘failure to plan’ now constitutes ‘significant emergency’
Biden invoking emergency powers on oil industry would reverse admin's own energy policy, says Tim Stewart

By Fox News Staff | Fox News

On "Cavuto Live" Saturday, U.S. Oil and Gas Association President Tim Stewart torched the president's "failure of leadership" to resolve record-high gas prices, and called out Biden's ironic move that would reverse his administration's own energy policies.

TIM STEWART: Now we find ourselves at the point where the Biden administration's failure to plan now constitutes a significant emergency. It's a colossal failure of leadership, and it's not going to be resolved by accusing millions of Americans who are working on the gas industry of being unpatriotic. They're trying to have it both ways.

I mean, if we run through the White House schedule this week, on Tuesday, the White House called for Big Tech to censor any unflattering information on social media with regards to renewables. On Wednesday, they accuse the oil and gas industry of price gouging and not doing enough when we're at 95% refining capacity. But on Thursday, they postponed additional leasing. And on Friday, we get to the point where they're promising gas cards for everybody.

The ironic part of that particularly interaction with the White House this week, was the president threatened to invoke emergency powers to boost production and output. The irony is, is those emergency powers would essentially be reversing their own energy policy decisions over the last 18 months. It's unbelievable that if that's what it takes to do it, we'll do it. We'll go that route.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/big-oil-exec-biden-failure-plan-now-significant-emergency

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

This is desperation. And when people in power get desperate, they make poor decisions.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is desperation. And when people in power get desperate, they make poor decisions.
Which is really scary, considering the quality of the decisions so far.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

When did he make a good one?

Ever?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

When did he make a good one?

Ever?
Well, truth be told, he likely did ok installing the hairplugs as he would look awful totally bald.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I dispute the idea that Biden failed to plan, he is doing exactly what he said he planned to do to destroy the oil industry and economy. Just because people that voted for him didn't believe him then their complaining now?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I dispute the idea that Biden failed to plan, he is doing exactly what he said he planned to do to destroy the oil industry and economy. Just because people that voted for him didn't believe him then their complaining now?
He is attempting to destroy the oil industry.  It will never be destroyed around the globe as it is the only reason we have achieved the standard of living we now enjoy.

He might attempt to nationalize it here or severely restrict its prominence, but he cannot destroy it.

We depend upon it much too much.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
He is attempting to destroy the oil industry.  It will never be destroyed around the globe as it is the only reason we have achieved the standard of living we now enjoy.

He might attempt to nationalize it here or severely restrict its prominence, but he cannot destroy it.

We depend upon it much too much.
My bad, meant to say oil industry in America. My fingers and brain haven't been communicating right for years, and often they just ignore each other.

Offline mountaineer

Red dot = When Trump took office
Blue dot = When Biden took office
Yellow dot = When Putin invaded Ukraine

Tweeted by @RealSaavedra
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org