Author Topic: Dan Patrick’s Conservative Priorities Indicate Coming Conflict With Texas House  (Read 335 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by Brandon Waltens June 17, 2022

Patrick’s priorities could preview an impending standoff in 2023 between the Texas House and the Texas Senate.

Previewing the priorities of the Texas Senate in 2023, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick went on offense against the Texas House during his speech at the Republican Party of Texas Convention in Houston for their failure to pass conservative priorities. The lieutenant governor also pledged to get the job done.

“I’m not pointing fingers; I’m just telling you the truth” said Patrick, before saying he would pass a bill to restore the felony penalties for illegal voting. Last year, the Texas House lowered the penalty to a misdemeanor. When the Senate passed legislation to fix the change, Speaker Dade Phelan refused to bring up the bill, saying he did not want to “relitigate” the issue.

“We are going to keep sending them the bill until they pass it,” Patrick promised.

In addition to the election bill fix, Patrick pledged that the Senate would once again pass legislation to ban gender modification procedures in minors as well as a ban on taxpayer-funded lobbying.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/dan-patricks-conservative-priorities-indicate-coming-conflict-with-texas-house/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Bring it on, Dan.

Let the RINOs be exposed once and for all
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington