Author Topic: Texas Ballot Harvester Pleads Guilty to 26 Voter Fraud Felonies  (Read 726 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by Erin Anderson June 18, 2022

But Monica Mendez won’t serve any jail time for her crimes.

A coastal Texas woman has admitted she ran a mail-ballot vote harvesting operation in a 2018 local election, but she won’t serve any jail time for her crimes.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced Friday that Monica Mendez pleaded guilty to 26 voter fraud felonies:

•   three counts of illegal voting,

•   eight counts of election fraud,

•   seven counts of assisting a voter to submit a ballot by mail, and

•   eight counts of unlawful possession of a mail ballot.

A judge sentenced Mendez to five years’ deferred adjudication probation.

If Mendez complies with the court’s probation terms, the charges will be dismissed as if she had committed no illegal vote-harvesting.

Her crimes are related to eight mail-in ballots in a May 2018 water district board election in Bloomington, a small town of around 2,000 residents in Victoria County.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-ballot-harvester-pleads-guilty-to-26-voter-fraud-felonies/

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Texas Ballot Harvester Pleads Guilty to 26 Voter Fraud Felonies
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 12:22:57 pm »
Unbelievable miscarriage of justice.

And I wonder why the leaders of the nonprofit were not charged with intimidation and blackmail

Mendez ran the vote-harvesting operation on behalf of a subsidized housing corporation, ALMS, which wanted to oust incumbents and take control of the board in order to cut water rates for its rental properties.

The Texas Secretary of State referred the case to the AG’s office for criminal investigation after ALMS tenants reported possible illegal voting activities, including about 275 new voters who registered using the same mailing address—a P.O. box associated with ALMS.

Tenants said their landlord threatened to raise their rent if they didn’t vote for ALMS’ preferred candidates.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 12:25:03 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Texas Ballot Harvester Pleads Guilty to 26 Voter Fraud Felonies
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2022, 12:46:20 pm »
There are even a few Briefers who don't believe that 2020 POTUS election was stolen.

What they do not realize, is not only did the results start reversing 12:30 c.d.t. that night mysteriously,  there was what I call a million paper cuts of fraud like this across the country, that precludes any doubt.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington