Author Topic: White House considering sending gas rebate cards to Americans: report  (Read 855 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
1 hour ago
White House considering sending gas rebate cards to Americans: report
Biden administration emphasized its willing to consider any and all solutions to ongoing inflation crisis

By Edward Lawrence , Timothy Nerozzi FOXBusiness

The White House is reportedly floating the idea of gas rebates for U.S. residents due to record gas prices.

A White House official told FOX Business that the administration has not ruled out the distribution of gas rebate cards. The cards would hypothetically subsidize the price of gas for Americans – many of whom are struggling to make ends meet with fuel now priced at the level of a luxury good.

"The president has made clear that he is willing to explore all options and hear all ideas that would help lower gas prices for the American people," the official told FOX Business.

"No decisions have been made," the official clarified.

The national average price for regular gasoline rose 10 cents last week and hovered around a record high of $5.01 per gallon.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/white-house-considering-gas-rebate-cards-americans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Like the cell phone scam conducted by Obama, will ONLY be going to Democrat supporters.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Gas ration stamps coming soon. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

I wouldn't doubt it.  I have felt for awhile that Joe's mind is back in WWII.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Jeff Stein
@JStein_WaPo
White House officials exploring sending Americans rebates cards to offset gas costs ran into another problem — the chips shortage, which meant US couldn’t physically produce enough cards to make the plan work even if lawmakers tried to do it, per sources
Soaring gas prices lead White House aides back to brainstorming
7:12 AM · Jun 17, 2022
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
It's REALLY easy to spend O(ther) P(eople's) M(oney)!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Like the cell phone scam conducted by Obama, will ONLY be going to Democrat supporters.
And people with electric cars... :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

As long as hose are issued per registered vehicle, I might do Okay. (Park 5 drive one)

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online corbe

It's REALLY easy to spend O(ther) P(eople's) M(oney)!

Arriving at a convivence store in your neighborhood soon.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

Re: White House considering sending gas rebate cards to Americans: report
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2022, 07:25:09 pm »
Is there a number that I can call to tell Joe where he can put his gas rebate card?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online cato potatoe

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2022, 07:49:09 pm »
This is why inflation is here to stay.  Congress has no ability to restrain itself.  Every recession will be accompanied by $trillions in debt.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2022, 07:58:12 pm »

Reminds me of some of the Zimbabwean currency I got 20 years ago.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2022, 08:13:32 pm »
Gimme that stimmie.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2022, 08:19:36 pm »

Won't that be great, when we're all trillionaires?  :whistle: *****rollingeyes*****

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2022, 09:12:27 pm »
Reminds me of that "Confederate money" we bought at a restaurant in Front Royal, Va., back in the 1960s. Worthless pieces of paper.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2022, 07:01:10 am »
Reminds me of that "Confederate money" we bought at a restaurant in Front Royal, Va., back in the 1960s. Worthless pieces of paper.
Those crackly brown facsimiles aren't worth much.

But real Confederate money has value. For instance...

is worth a little over $330.00
More examples can be seen here:
https://www.apmex.com/category/64000/confederate-currency

C S Lewis

Online LMAO

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2022, 02:33:35 pm »
This is why inflation is here to stay.  Congress has no ability to restrain itself.  Every recession will be accompanied by $trillions in debt.

And it isn’t just Democrats or the left

We even have one or two here that argue against cutting spending
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy