Author Topic: Laurence Tribe: Donald Trump Attempted to Murder Vice President Pence  (Read 576 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Laurence Tribe: Donald Trump Attempted to Murder Vice President Pence

Pam Key 16 Jun 2022

Harvard Law professor emeritus Laurence Tribe said Thursday on CNN’s “Erin Burnett OutFront” that former President Donald Trump attempted to murder Vice President Mike Pence on January 6, 2021.

Burnett asked, “From everything you have seen so far, including the hearing today that focused so much on Trump causing violence against Pence, do you believe the committee has proven that Trump himself knowingly committed crimes?”

Tribe said, “Without any doubt, beyond a reasonable doubt, beyond any doubt, and the crimes are obvious. The most obvious was that he was ordering his vice-president to do what everyone in the room knew would be illegal, namely, exercise power to pick the next president. It would be very convenient if Al Gore could have picked himself as the next president in 2000, very convenient if Richard Nixon could have done it in 1960.”

He continued, “Ordering your vice-president to violate the law in order to stay in power is a very serious federal crime, but there are other crimes as well. One that occurred to several people today is attempted murder. You know, under the criminal code of the United States, the attempted murder of the vice-president is punishable by life imprisonment. What we saw with the president egging the crowd on, telling them that, basically, his own vice-president was a traitor while he knew that the mob had gallows waiting for him, that’s pretty serious stuff. You don’t have to go to law school to know that there’s something seriously criminal about that. There are other crimes that have been proven. Those are plenty to start with.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/06/16/laurence-tribe-donald-trump-attempted-to-murder-vice-president-pence/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

Hmmm, let's apply that rule even-handedly, shall we?  First thing we do, we arrest Chuckles Schumer for being a co-conspirator for the attempted murder of Justice Kavanaugh.

Offline mountaineer

These people are certifiable.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Right_in_Virginia

These people are certifiable.

They are not.

They know they're lying .....and that they can do so with impunity.

Offline Hoodat

This is the same Laurence Tribe who in 2016 actively tried to pressure Donald Trump electors into violating their oaths by casting their electoral college votes away from Trump.  Let that sink in.  Laurence Tribe tried to overthrow the 2016 election results.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline The_Reader_David

They are not.

Indeed.  In Russian there is a word (I forget what it is) which means, "I'm lying, you know I'm lying, I know that you know that I'm lying, but you're going to act like you believe me anyway." 

We should probably find it and start using an English transliteration (maybe slightly modified to make it easier to pronounce) with the same meaning.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline mountaineer

Indeed.  In Russian there is a word (I forget what it is)
Vranyo.

"You could say vranyo means “lies,” but in his 1983 book, Russia: Broken Idols, Solemn Dreams, published at the waning of the Cold War, … David Shipler, the longtime Moscow correspondent for the New York Times, gave a more nuanced explanation of vranyo. He wrote: A Russian friend explained vranyo this way: ‘You know I’m lying, and I know that you know, and you know that I know that you know, but I go ahead with a straight face, and you nod seriously and take notes.’” — Liesl Schillinger in ForeignPolicy.com, Feb 2018 More at glossophilia
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline RetBobbyMI

They are not.

Maybe that impunity ought to be put to the test…sue the pants off of him for malicious slander.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy