Author Topic: Texas GOP Rule Change Could Lead Way for Closed Primaries  (Read 656 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas GOP Rule Change Could Lead Way for Closed Primaries
« on: June 17, 2022, 01:02:03 pm »
Texas Scorecard by Brandon Waltens June 16, 2022

Conservative activists have long called for closing primaries as a way to stop Democrats from influencing Republican races.

As the Republican Party of Texas continues its convention in Houston this week, a proposed rule change could lead the way for closed primaries in Texas.

In addition to electing party leadership and setting the party platform and priorities, part of the business of the Texas GOP Convention is to adopt the rules of internal party operations.

When it comes to how the party runs elections, the rules have been traditionally tied to the Texas Election Code, written by state legislators.

That could soon change, however, if a proposed rule change is adopted by delegates this week. The proposed version of the rules strikes references to the Texas Election Code, essentially divorcing the party’s elections from the whims of the state Legislature.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/texas-gop-rule-change-could-lead-way-for-closed-primaries/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Texas GOP Rule Change Could Lead Way for Closed Primaries
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 02:24:45 pm »
 :bkmk:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 02:34:05 pm »
This is a long-needed change to the rules which MUST be adopted!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline PeteS in CA

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 04:37:34 pm »
Texans will not like a top-two-take-all California-style (I voted against it) "jungle primary". IMO, TX Rs should, if it's legal and constitutional, exclude from their primaries people who changed parties within 6 or 12 months of a primary.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 06:09:49 pm »
Should have been done long ago in every state.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 06:10:35 pm »

:yowsa: :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 06:38:52 pm »
   Thanks for sharing @Elderberry
   Hard to believe that Abbott is relinquishing this control of the Texas GOP.   
   I smell Cruz.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2022, 07:06:15 pm »

888high58888 :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2022, 07:54:38 pm »

Dang right!

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2022, 10:02:16 pm »
Texans will not like a top-two-take-all California-style (I voted against it) "jungle primary". IMO, TX Rs should, if it's legal and constitutional, exclude from their primaries people who changed parties within 6 or 12 months of a primary.

I think 12 months would be too long. In 2016 I was able to convince my wife, a Blue Dog Democrat, to cross over and vote for Cruz. I couldn't get her to vote for Trump that Nov. though.