Author Topic: ‘The economy is going to collapse,’ says Wall Street veteran Novogratz. ‘We are going to go into a r  (Read 503 times)

Online libertybele

I predict we will see a depression worse than 'The Great Depression'.  November is a ways off -- I'm doubtful about our Republic making it to the mid term elections in tact.   8888crybaby

‘The economy is going to collapse,’ says Wall Street veteran Novogratz. ‘We are going to go into a really fast recession.’

Veteran investor and bitcoin bull Michael Novogratz doesn’t have a rosy outlook on the economy, which he described as headed for a substantial downturn, with the likelihood of a “fast recession” on the horizon.

“The economy is going to collapse,” Novogratz told MarketWatch. “We are going to go into a really fast recession, and you can see that in lots of ways,” he said, in a Wednesday interview before the Federal Reserve decided to undertake its biggest interest-rate hike in nearly three decades.

“Housing is starting to roll over,” he said. “Inventories have exploded.”

“There are layoffs in multiple industries, and the Fed is stuck,” he said, with a position of having to “hike [interest rates] until inflation rolls over.”

Central-bank policy makers agreed to deliver an unusual 0.75-percentage-point rate increase, concluding a closely watched two-day policy meeting with a move that would push the Fed’s benchmark federal-funds rate rising to a range between 1.5% and 1.75% as it steps up the effort to quell an inflation rate that is hovering around a 40-year high.

It was the largest increase in the central bank’s policy rate since November 1994.

Before the Fed announced its decision, Novogratz speculated — accurately, it turned out — that the central bank would lift interest rates by 75 basis points and that the market would rally on that news. He also predicted that stocks will sell off in the coming days.

“They are hiking into the popping of a bubble,” Novogratz said, referencing the soaring price tags on luxury Swiss watches and other assets. ......................

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/the-economy-is-going-to-collapse-says-wall-street-veteran-novogratz-we-are-going-to-go-into-a-really-fast-recession-11655328960?mod=home-page
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Kamaji

It seems like every generation has to learn anew the lessons that liberal/prog economic policies are ultimately a disaster.

Offline LMAO

It seems like every generation has to learn anew the lessons that liberal/prog economic policies are ultimately a disaster.

Yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mountaineer

People are such idiots. The evidence is there - they just don't look at it.

I figure Mr. M and I have lost nearly 10% thus far of our investments, IRAs, etc., since March, 2022. I'm surprised it's not worse.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

People are such idiots. The evidence is there - they just don't look at it.

I figure Mr. M and I have lost nearly 10% thus far of our investments, IRAs, etc., since March, 2022. I'm surprised it's not worse.

We were actually up $3k from last month -- I'm sure that's been wiped out. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
That's a pretty typical end to a bout of inflation. It is either Weimar Germany/Venezuala/Zimbabwe or if a nation is disciplined enough, Paul Volker followed by Rust Belt.
The Republic is lost.