Author Topic: Abbott baby formula plant floods in Michigan, halting production for 'weeks'  (Read 617 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Abbott baby formula plant floods in Michigan, halting production for 'weeks'
by Victor I. Nava, Overnight News Editor |
 | June 16, 2022 01:19 AM

Abbott is halting production of baby formula at a recently reopened Michigan facility due to damage from severe weather, the company said on Wednesday.

Severe thunderstorms and heavy rains have flooded parts of an Abbott baby formula plant in Sturgis, Michigan, according to the company. As a result, Abbott has stopped production of its EleCare baby formula. The company said cleanup efforts at the plant could delay the release of new baby formula from the Sturgis facility for weeks.

"These torrential storms produced significant rainfall in a short period of time — overwhelming the city’s stormwater system in Sturgis, Mich., and resulting in flooding in parts of the city, including areas of our plant," Abbott said in a statement on Wednesday.

"As a result, Abbott has stopped production of its EleCare specialty formula that was underway to assess damage caused by the storm and clean and re-sanitize the plant," the company added. "We have informed FDA and will conduct comprehensive testing in conjunction with the independent third party to ensure the plant is safe to resume production. This will likely delay production and distribution of new product for a few weeks."

Abbott said it has an "ample existing supply of EleCare" and other specialty formulas to meet consumer demand until it can restart production at the Michigan plant.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/abbott-baby-formula-stops-production
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline libertybele

Seriously?  We are to believe that this was an accident?

The EPA (my recent post) says millions have unsafe drinking water, food plants are burning down, no fertilizer available, empty shelves, and now this making it once again difficult to feed infants and toddlers!!

You cannot convince me in any way that this isn't all by design.

FJB!!!!!!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Is this the only baby formula-producing facility in the entire country?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

Doubtful, but it IS the baby formula-producing facility that they are using as an excuse.

Funny how there was a 'rumor' (?) that they have plenty of formula for all the ILLEGAL babies and tots at the border!  9999hair out0000
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

I was at a Kroger store yesterday. They had a few shelves of baby formula at the end of an aisle (I didn't also look in the baby food aisle to see whether there was more). In any event, it was available there.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I was at a Kroger store yesterday. They had a few shelves of baby formula at the end of an aisle (I didn't also look in the baby food aisle to see whether there was more). In any event, it was available there.
The sad thing is that stores have been locking up baby formula for years, even the stores where I live which is middle and upper middle class area. I imagine with this shortage even more retailers have it under lock and key.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Doubtful, but it IS the baby formula-producing facility that they are using as an excuse.

Funny how there was a 'rumor' (?) that they have plenty of formula for all the ILLEGAL babies and tots at the border!  9999hair out0000
Not a rumor, a Congresswoman(R) took pictures of pallets and pallets of formula stocked in at least two border facilities for illegals.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

It's the largest, but I don't know if the entire plant is shut down.  Some lines may be running.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

Not a rumor, a Congresswoman(R) took pictures of pallets and pallets of formula stocked in at least two border facilities for illegals.
All that unused formula will sit there long past its "use by" date, I suspect.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

There's both a baby formula shortage and tampon shortage .... yet I'm sure middle class white women will continue to vote for democrats in droves.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Then... it must be true.

The shortage of baby formula -- in this case production halted by floods -- really is due to "climate change"...!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Abbot is one of the largest, producing about 45% of US made Formula. That plant is key to that production.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis