Author Topic: Enrollment at NYC public schools continues startling plummet, data shows  (Read 279 times)

Offline Kamaji

Enrollment at NYC public schools continues startling plummet, data shows

By Cayla Bamberger
June 15, 2022

New York City public schools are continuing to lose students in great numbers, with enrollment plummeting by close to 4% since last year, The Post has learned.

The number of students in schools operated by the city Department of Education was just over 919,000 for 2021-22 — a loss of almost 20,000 students since the school year began, according to figures released Wednesday.

The data reflected a longer trend of students and families leaving the school system — including a more than 8% decrease in enrollment since the start of the pandemic.

There were 1,002,200 kids in the public schools in 2019-20, compared to 955,490 in 2020-21.

School officials attributed the decline broadly to the pandemic, as well as population shifts and stalling birth rates.

Chancellor David Banks has repeatedly said that one of the ways he plans to lure parents back to the DOE is by helping them feel heard and respected.

The enrollment figures came as public schools across the five boroughs are facing a collective $215 million reduction in their budgets tied to fewer students in the system.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/06/15/nyc-public-schools-enrollment-continues-to-decline/

Offline Kamaji

I'm sure if one checked the enrollment figures of private schools, one would find no such decline.

It's not stalling birth rates, it's people taking their kids out of public school because the administration continues to compound the failures of the public schools.

Offline PeteS in CA

I'm sure if one checked the enrollment figures of private schools, one would find no such decline.

It's not stalling birth rates, it's people taking their kids out of public school because the administration continues to compound the failures of the public schools.

I would guess the trend is quite the opposite. I would also guess that NY statewide homeschooling organization are experiencing year-over-year-over-... membership increases.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

I would guess the trend is quite the opposite. I would also guess that NY statewide homeschooling organization are experiencing year-over-year-over-... membership increases.

Agreed.