Author Topic: FDA panel endorses Covid vaccine for youngest children  (Read 846 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
FDA panel endorses Covid vaccine for youngest children
« on: June 15, 2022, 10:51:40 pm »
NBC News By Berkeley Lovelace Jr. 6/15/2022

Children under age 5 remain the only group ineligible for Covid vaccination.

Food and Drug Administration advisers voted Wednesday to recommend authorizing both Moderna and Pfizer-BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccines for young children, clearing one of the final hurdles to getting the youngest Americans vaccinated.

The Vaccine and Related Biological Products Advisory Committee held a vote for each vaccine during its Wednesday meeting. Both recommendations were unanimous: 21-0.

Moderna’s vaccine is for children ages 6 months to 5 years, while Pfizer’s is for children ages 6 months to 4 years.

The committee’s recommendations are not the final signoff needed to administer the shots, but the votes will now set in motion a fast-moving process expected to be completed by Tuesday — a great relief to parents who have waited more than a year-and-a-half to vaccinate their youngest.

The decision will now go to the FDA, which is expected to grant emergency use authorization to the vaccines in the coming days. On Friday and Saturday, an advisory panel to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expected to vote on whether to endorse the shots. The final step is signoff from CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky — then, shots in arms (or thighs).

The votes represent, in a sense, the culmination of more than a year and half of work from the committee. VRBPAC held its first meeting about Covid vaccines on Dec. 10, 2020. Its decision at that time was to recommend the Pfizer vaccine for people ages 16 and up. With Wednesday's vote, lowering the age of vaccination down to 6 months, everyone will soon be eligible.

"I'm really pleased that we've reached this kind of milestone," said Dr. Ofer Levy, the director of the Precision Vaccines Program at Boston Children’s Hospital.

Despite the celebratory mood of the committee, members of the panel acknowledged the heightened emotions surrounding vaccinating young children. During a particularly heated public comment period, parents and other members of the public advocated passionately both for and against the vaccine.

More: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/fda-panel-endorses-covid-vaccine-youngest-children-rcna33683

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: FDA panel endorses Covid vaccine for youngest children
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 11:02:20 pm »
Mediocre efficacy, and sample size too small to detect heart issues. Yet not a single board member voted against it.

You cannot say this is anything other than a rubber stamp at this point.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 11:11:03 pm »
You cannot say this is anything other than a rubber stamp at this point.
We now know to expect that of FDA and CDC, given their approach to Covid-19 from the beginning.
FDA Panel Ignores Red Flags in Covid Vaccine Data, Recommends Jabs for ‘Very Young’ Children
    by Kyle Becker
June 15, 2022

The Food and Drug Administration’s advisery panel unanimously recommended on Wednesday that very young children be given mRNA Covid shots. The FDA panel’s move all-but-guarantees that the agency will authorize regimens of two-to-three shots for a cohort that is at statistically no risk from Covid-19. ...

The New York Times did not note, however, that there are major serious questions about Pfizer’s clinical trial data.

Dr. Vinay Prasad noted that the trial data show “horrifically poor vaccine efficacy.”

Pfizer used an invalid ‘control group’ to come up with a bogus ’80 percent efficacy’ figure. ... More at Becker News

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2022, 11:15:10 pm »
Our poor children!  8888crybaby
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 03:43:02 am »
Parents really need to push back hard on this ..... the kids are at serious risk from this vaccine.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2022, 11:58:50 am »
Our poor children!  8888crybaby

More than that... There will be no generation to recover from whatever they are really doing. THAT'S why they insist on vaxxing everyone all the way down to babies... Especially when the covid threat is well over at this point.

There is NO WAY me or mine will ever take that evil sh*t.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2022, 07:54:15 pm »
Rand Paul
@RandPaul

Today I asked Fauci a simple question: Are there any studies that show a reduction in hospitalization or death for children that take a booster?

His answer: No

Then why is the government recommending it?

11:18 AM · Jun 16, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2022, 07:59:29 pm »
Thank God for Rand Paul ....

Fauci admits to Paul no scientific evidence booster vaccines in kids reduce hospitalization or death  (Video)
Rand Paul  Published June 16, 2022

https://rumble.com/embed/v161x56/?pub=4

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2022, 09:32:26 pm »
I don't know if I agree with Mr. Paul on everything, but I do think that if we could get rid of Mitch the turtle that Mr. Paul would make a good Senate Majority leader...

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2022, 09:40:15 pm »
I don't know if I agree with Mr. Paul on everything, but I do think that if we could get rid of Mitch the turtle that Mr. Paul would make a good Senate Majority leader...

:yowsa: I very much agree with that!  All counts.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2022, 09:55:02 pm »

More than that... There will be no generation to recover from whatever they are really doing. THAT'S why they insist on vaxxing everyone all the way down to babies... Especially when the covid threat is well over at this point.

There is NO WAY me or mine will ever take that evil sh*t.

I believe they are sterilizing our kids. Just my opinion.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2022, 09:59:02 pm »
I believe they are sterilizing our kids. Just my opinion.
I think so, too.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2022, 10:21:09 pm »

I would love to see the Turtle gone and yes, I think Rand would make a great Majority Leader!