Author Topic: Progressives looking to change the narrative  (Read 295 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Progressives looking to change the narrative
« on: June 15, 2022, 12:59:33 pm »
 Progressives looking to change the narrative
by Hanna Trudo - 06/15/22 5:30 AM ET

Progressives are ready to change the storyline that their wing of the party is losing Democrats’ civil war.

Candidate defeats and a rash of negative headlines have caused soul searching on the left, prompting some to recalibrate what they need to do to maintain credibility going into a challenging midterm cycle. 

Two top progressives in the House — Reps. Pramila Jayapal (D-Wash.) and Ro Khanna (D-Calif.) — believe Democrats still have a shot at keeping Congress. But to do that, they told The Hill, the party must deliver economically in the short term for their voters, while putting more candidates in office who can push their progressive message into the future. 

“Every time someone brings up a loss, I’m like, ‘let me give you two for that. Two wins,’ ” Jayapal said in a wide-ranging conversation Monday in her Capitol Hill office.

“It’s a narrative that benefits the people that are in power or have power in our political process. But the reality is the progressive movement is ascendent in this country,” she said. “We have completely changed the narrative of what it means to invest in working people.”

To be sure, that view may be a rosy one. Painful primary losses have offset some of the excitement of early wins, and Republicans are widely expected to take control of the House with the midterm elections, driven in large part by the economic pain many are feeling.

But Jayapal and Khanna warn that pain, largely from the sky-high inflation that hits lower- and middle-class Americans the hardest, won’t improve without more intervention from Congress and the White House — the type of intervention progressives have long pushed for, and President Biden has promised.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3523901-progressives-looking-to-change-the-narrative/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Progressives looking to change the narrative
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2022, 01:06:21 pm »
Translation: The Democrats need to hurry up and buy more votes before the elections!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Progressives looking to change the narrative
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 01:20:25 pm »
Here's a narrative for them ...

There once was a young man from Lyme

Who married three wives at a time.

When asked, "Why a third?"

He replied, "One's absurd,

And bigamy, sir, is a crime!
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright